Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So then what ARE they for??

The bumps are there so that when you''re in total darkness loading film holders, you know how to insert the dark slide so that the 'right side' is facing out. Most people let the bumps face out (white band out on modern Fidelity and Lisco) to indicate "loaded and un-exposed". After exposure, you flip the dark slide over to indicate "Loaded, exposed".
    Last edited by BradS; 22-Jul-2014 at 14:14. Reason: typos.

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    The bumps are there so that when you''re in total darkness loading film holders, you know how to insert the dark slide so that the 'right side' is facing out. Most people let the bumps out (white band on modern Fidelity and Lisco) face out to indicate "loaded and un-exposed". After exposure, you flip the dark slide over to indicate "Loaded, exposed".
    The fact that the pull tab is on the left and not on the right has always been sufficient, I don't need brail to tell me LOL so his explanation kind of made sense at the time.

me?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I wish there was a way to start the timer for short exposures...mainly for the fact that I like the auto record settings on notepad

Hi Deval. By short exposures I assume you mean those under 1 second? So you just want a way to record your notes etc. if you've made an exposure at say 1/60th or something? Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    I wish there was a way to start the timer for short exposures...mainly for the fact that I like the auto record settings on notepad

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    Hi Deval. By short exposures I assume you mean those under 1 second? So you just want a way to record your notes etc. if you've made an exposure at say 1/60th or something? Yes?
    exactly

Ok. I'll look into it for you. There's an update due soon anyway to address some weird numbers in one of the T-Max options. And to add a button that lets you reset all your custom files and filters.
    I'll see if I can make it work so that under 1 second it just writes the note since starting the timer will be basically pointless. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    exactly

Ok. I'll look into it for you. There's an update due soon anyway to address some weird numbers in one of the T-Max options. And to add a button that lets you reset all your custom files and filters.
    I'll see if I can make it work so that under 1 second it just writes the note since starting the timer will be basically pointless. :-)
    Thank you, much appreciated. Great app.

Or why not just a button to create a note instead of having to wait for the timer.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Because there is totally no room for another button! I already get flak for the buttons being too small!

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    Or why not just a button to create a note instead of having to wait for the timer.