Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Re: Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    So.....am I the only one that has issues with the filter factors?
    I don't own any polarizers which only require a 1 stop correction. I know schneider or someone makes a 1 stop pola but it's only a few years old and $$$. How about the other filters too? 81a is 1/3 stop for mine, not 1/2.They don't seem right.
    I think YOU are mistaken about your own filters... Circ Pola filters are generally 2-3 stops depending on how much you turn it... 1 would not be enough even at it's minimum.

Lurker

None of the listed filters provided match the mfg's data for mine. I just enter compensation or pick a corresponding filter.

David

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I think YOU are mistaken about your own filters... Circ Pola filters are generally 2-3 stops depending on how much you turn it... 1 would not be enough even at it's minimum.
    YOU didn't read my post.
    The app gives 1 stop correction for polarizers and the compensation for several other filters is off as well.

I also preferred the bellows compensation slider on the old app. The only issue with the previous app's bellows calculator was the lack of maximum focal length (800mm) in my case. The requirement of the new one to select the focal length range is counter intuitive and the chosen focal length which is highlighted is hard to see in certain conditions since it's a similar shade of gray. I use this app every time I shoot but I feel like this version is over-complicated with too many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    YOU didn't read my post.
    The app gives 1 stop correction for polarizers and the compensation for several other filters is off as well.

I also preferred the bellows compensation slider on the old app. The only issue with the previous app's bellows calculator was the lack of maximum focal length (800mm) in my case. The requirement of the new one to select the focal length range is counter intuitive and the chosen focal length which is highlighted is hard to see in certain conditions since it's a similar shade of gray. I use this app every time I shoot but I feel like this version is over-complicated with too many variables.
    My apologies, you're right. Have you updated it? There was an update to correct for some filter issues.

Also, I agree in a way the sliders are a little quirky now with pop-ups and having to "apply" instead of it just accepting the new position of the slider, BUT there's a lot of options and I wouldn't even know how to fit that all, so I think he did a decent job at cramming so many options into a usable platform.

Question, the thread is too long to search through... Did you ever look at adding "EFKE IR820" infra red film to the list? I know it has a different spectral response but even in bright sunlight the shortest exposure is 1 second at f/16 so having a lot of trouble guesstimating exposure and it's too expensive to "guess".

So can you add it?

I could only find this....

"reciprocity failure: double exposure at 4secs; triple exposure at 8 secs; results will be more contrasty with deeper shadows"

I also found the official documentation but didn't see any reciprocity details... Maybe I'm blind and you can find them...?

http://www.maco-photo.de/files/image...TA820c_ENG.pdf

I love this app!!! just thought I would ask, as I will have a whole bunch soon in sheet film...

Also found this...

"Efke IR 820 film shows significant reciprocity failure but the following corrections worked well:

1 second metered, give1.5 seconds
    2 seconds metered, give 3.5 seconds
    4 seconds metered, give 8 seconds
    8 seconds metered, give 24 seconds
    15 seconds metered, give 1 minute
    30 seconds metered, give 3 minutes
    more then 30 secs, give up."

Hey Stone. So how reliable are these times? Like do they match with your experience? If you think they are solid I'll happily add them...

Also found this...

"Efke IR 820 film shows significant reciprocity failure but the following corrections worked well:

1 second metered, give1.5 seconds
    2 seconds metered, give 3.5 seconds
    4 seconds metered, give 8 seconds
    8 seconds metered, give 24 seconds
    15 seconds metered, give 1 minute
    30 seconds metered, give 3 minutes
    more then 30 secs, give up."

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    Hey Stone. So how reliable are these times? Like do they match with your experience? If you think they are solid I'll happily add them...
    No clue, I forgot to link the page but it was another forum. A single 4x5 sheet costs roughly $3-$6 ... That's per sheet... Because it's a discontinued film and the last high sensitive 820nm range film. And reciprocity of such a film that is mostly IR is hard to meter in the first place since not many own an IR spectrum metering device. And as an example, tungsten light you have to double the exposure for. I will only have a few boxes and don't want to kill it "testing" so my tests will be mostly just guessing and adjusting for the next batch, but not very accurate most likely.

I don't understand why they didn't include a reciprocity chart...

Hmmm. Maybe post on that forum and ask there? A little hesitant to include un-tested times that may ruin people's work on expensive and rare film. $6 a sheet? Pfft. Try Velvia 50 prices!

No clue, I forgot to link the page but it was another forum. A single 4x5 sheet costs roughly $3-$6 ... That's per sheet... Because it's a discontinued film and the last high sensitive 820nm range film. And reciprocity of such a film that is mostly IR is hard to meter in the first place since not many own an IR spectrum metering device. And as an example, tungsten light you have to double the exposure for. I will only have a few boxes and don't want to kill it "testing" so my tests will be mostly just guessing and adjusting for the next batch, but not very accurate most likely.

I don't understand why they didn't include a reciprocity chart...

Reciprocity Timer 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Boinzo View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe post on that forum and ask there? A little hesitant to include un-tested times that may ruin people's work on expensive and rare film. $6 a sheet? Pfft. Try Velvia 50 prices!
    I do!!! Haha I've got 10 sheets of Velvia 50 in 4x5 left, but I'm switching to Velvia100, I know I can get it imported (the 50 I mean) but it will take away from Fuji "seeing" that it's selling in America, and I believe that it's better to support what is coming into the US than support the Japanese market....

So it's Velvia100 from now on...

I've got 20 sheets of E100G in 8x10, after that's gone, it's all Velvia100...

PS, I think I meant $16/sheet...not $6 hah!
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 15-Jul-2014 at 19:41. Reason: correction