Re: The price of paper is UP!

Oops looked at that wrong
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Holy crap! the Euro lost half its value today.
    No surprise there. They are having some major economic problems in the EU. Greece may default this weekend...Greek bond's dividends increased which is an indication of a rush for the exits.

Ron Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    The best printers I know "waste" a lot of paper.

This is somewhat old news, but some may not have checked prices in a while. I try to support Freestyle if the difference is not too great, but will go elsewhere when the difference crosses some ill defined but "I know it when I see it" level of difference.

This has much more to do with the price of silver than it does with digital. It's true that prices would increase from lower demand in this case, the reverse of classic supply and demand but the demand being so much lower than it used to be many economies of scale disappear. But in this case, the demand can't have really gone down that much in the past year. The price of silver, on the other hand, HAS gone up that much in the past year.

My "issue" with B&H is that I can't figure out their shipping. Generally I am not available to sign for shipments. My fiance works days and I work most nights and sleep all day most days (today is an exception.) They list a "super saver" in the information that is not signature required but they don't list that in the shipping choices! UPS ground is the cheapest but not if I can't get my package - I don't even know where the pickup location is. The info lists stuff about UPS Mail Inovations but it isn't clear which, if any, of the UPS choices use that. I've just chosen US Mail on the one recent occasion I've ordered from them because the post office is close in any event (but no signature was required.) But US Mail costs more than the UPS Ground and isn't listed in their information.

Their shipping info is an impenetrable mess to try to sort out, IMNSHO.
    Roger,
    Have a talk with your mailroom guys. In the past UPS never left boxes at the door (which has changed now because of a cool UPS driver) so the guys at work allowed me to ship there. Without that, it was a major hassle and caused me to not use UPS for a few years. Now FexEx is my problem so I actually prefer UPS.

FYI: From what the UPS driver told me, there is a rule against leaving boxes in an apartment complex. It isn't discretionary, it's a rule so they could not. Now the usual driver is provided access to secure building.

Ron