Thread: Scanner Compatibility

Scanner Compatibility

Dear LFP Forum,

I am considering buying a second hand scanner, the Epson GT-X970. I believe that this is the same scanner as the V750 and known as GT-X970 in Asia ( where I live).

I am using Windows 7 OS currently, but have been considering moving to a mac platform.

I am trying to find out if this Epson scanner has driver compatibility with EITHER Windows 7 or the new Mac OS , Lion.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Best,

Brett

Re: Scanner Compatibility

V750 is compatible with Mac OS 10.7, Lion, and the most recent Silverfast ver. 8.0. The SilverFast will be a couple of hundred bucks.

See Epson website for Lion loading instructions.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

I have several computers a sever, windows machine. I use a 2.3 PPC Power mac that i only paid 200 dollars for. It has 10.5.8 Leopard installed with all the tools i need to run my Epson 750 scanner, CS4, Lightroom 2 ect... . I use it as a dedicated scanner computer and photo editing machine. So many times scanner users are more concerned that there new computer is compatible with every bit of hardware they want to use. Whats wrong with the thinking about getting a machine to just run your scanner? There are no compatibility problems with leopard that i know of... as i am write this my scanner is working on a 12.800 dpi 35mm scan. It will take about 8 minutes. i am also listening to some soft music with itunes.

http://www.mikepic.com

Check Vuescan also, better than Silverfast IMO. Try and read up on scanning with linear gamma and using the Colorperfect™ plug-in, which has helped with scanning colour neg in particular.