Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-6 at home

E-6 at home

What E-6 kits are still available in the USA? I see that Freestyle has one. Anyone else?

I used to use the Kodak 6-bath kit in my Jobo, but alas it's no longer made. It looks like the fujifilm/hunt one is also gone.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Re: E-6 at home

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    What E-6 kits are still available in the USA? I see that Freestyle has one. Anyone else?

I used to use the Kodak 6-bath kit in my Jobo, but alas it's no longer made. It looks like the fujifilm/hunt one is also gone.
    I think the Arista kit is the only one you can get as small quantities. The other option is the Kodak chemicals in bulk; perhaps doing a group buy is the way to go.

I was fortunate to inherit a great amount of the bulk Kodak chemicals that will last me a little while, but after that's gone, I may have to go the group buy route myself.

In theory I could do this, Omega Brandess is a Kodak distributor. But everyone then pays hazmat fees for the E6 six bath. Freestyle is a 3 step kit I believe and therefore does not have hazmat fees....seems like the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RawheaD View Post
    I think the Arista kit is the only one you can get as small quantities. The other option is the Kodak chemicals in bulk; perhaps doing a group buy is the way to go.

I was fortunate to inherit a great amount of the bulk Kodak chemicals that will last me a little while, but after that's gone, I may have to go the group buy route myself.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

there have been some people(including my self) who have looked into asking Freestyle if they can order Fuji's E-6 (6) bath kit that they sell in the UK. Even if it has to be drop-shipped from the distributor, it would be great to be able to get a full 6-bath kit in a 5L size, rather than having to buy huge cubitainers from Kodak. I used a 5L Kodak kit, and after mixing up each part of the chems, I decanted the individual 1L sections(so 5 runs total) into brown bottles, and topped off with nitrogen before securing the caps on. I got nearly a year out of that group of chemicals, but my usage would be at least 3x now, personally.

We should see if anyone intersested, and we can form a "co-op" and gang-up on Freestyle to bend their ear to possibly doing this.

anyone interested besides myself in this proposition?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    there have been some people(including my self) who have looked into asking Freestyle if they can order Fuji's E-6
    Dan,

can you update us on this? I'd love to get my hand on some

there was a thread started earlier this year about such topic, I'll search(and you can too), and we can get started possibly. The only issue I could see is that there would be a minimum order, probably like 40-50 kits. IDK though...

-Dan

I had started that thread earlier this year after asking Badger Graphics about a group order. Then the big quake hit. I don't think there's enough interest and i didn't get a number from badger as far as a minimum order. Fuji takes forever to get supplies here and makes decisions without much notice when it comes to film. While putting the containers on a pallet that is already coming from japan sounds easy, it's not. Just look how long it took them to get fuji b+w 4x5 film here and how quick it went away.

Vinny,

IIRC, Fuji's E-6 chemicals are made by HUNT, an American company. So, distributorship here in the USA should be easier to do, if it is indeed made here.

I'll try giving Fuji USA a call, to see what can happen, if anything.

-Dan

Not made here from the research I did online. c41, yes.

I'll follow this thread.