Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Open source f/stop enlarger timer

Re: Open source f/stop enlarger timer

Well, so let's try another option: is there any electronic parts retailer in USA that you're aware of where I can buy all the parts needed, in a pack/parts list?
    Even with some experience assembling electronic projects, like amplifiers, pre-amps, etc, I'm not sure if I can get just the right part overseas, buying again and again - time and fright costs consuming task,

Thank you,

Renato

retrogrouchy

Mouser should sell you everything except maybe the LCD and Arduino, which I typically buy from eBay. For example, see item numbers 161015559852, 121691768076/311232919649 and 301696345731 (not sure about that case but it's probably what I used). There's a BOM in the construction page with annotations - most of the little parts are optional depending on how you want to build it, i.e. phone charger vs internal supply, light meter option, foot switch option, even the rotary encoder is optional.

This thing is way easier to build than an audio power amp. Simpler even than an LM3886 kit, especially if you use an external power supply (phone charger plugged into USB port).

Polyglot,

Great, I'll make my job and try to get the parts, and later if I come across any problem finding those parts I'll come back and let you know, maybe you could help.
    Some time ago I watched a video with Gene Nocon, where he explains the advantages of a f-stop timer over a conventional timer, and it made sense to me, absolutely.
    Some days ago I watched also the videos at your project page, but have to go there again and look closely to the hole content, I'm actually confident that I can assemble the f-stop device, thanks for this helpful project,

Best,

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by RSalles View Post
    .... is there any electronic parts retailer in USA that you're aware of where I can buy all the parts needed? .....
    Thank you,

Renato
    I do not know if any of these will ship to Brazil but here are a few that I know of and used regularly to source parts.

Anchor Electronics: http://anchor-electronics.com/
    DigiKey Electronics: http://www.digikey.com
    MCM Electronics: http://www.mcmelectronics.com
    Mouser Electronics: http://www.mouser.com/

Anchor and MCM seem to cater a little more to college students and hobbyists.
    DigiKey and Mouser seem more oriented toward serving larger commercial needs.

Thanks Brad, I'll look for the items on the list over the stores you've mention, for not shipping overseas sellers, I have an option to ship it to some relatives in NV and after that forwarded to me in South America,

Cheers,

Renato