Thread: Introduction and Question

Introduction and Question

Hello members of this forum,

My name is Gerard and i live in the Netherlands. I am 47 years old have a wife and two sons. When i was around 25 years old i studied photographic desing at the academy of royal arts in Den Haag. It was there that i got an addiction that has never gone away. Until recently because of my work and family photography was very low profile. A few weeks ago is have started up my darkroom again in my gardenhouse. I do photography on 6x6 (bronica) and recently made a downpayment on a Wista DX 4x5. I don't have i yet but somethings are worth saving for. In the meantime i have seen pictures of a photographer named Graham Ward who builds his own camera's from cardbox materials!
    I have asked him how he builds them and he was very kind to send me pictures and advise. I am now almost finished with building my own 4x5 inch camera from cardbox. I have two lenses G-Glaron 150 and 210 mm that i can use. although the do not have shutters so i will have to use slow film.

I wanted to start in 4x5 inch so i can make contactprints with argyrotype and kallitype witch i am already familiar with. And also becaus piuctures from 4x5 inch look great. I do lith printing as well and would like do comine that wit 4x5 inch landscapes.

I also want to make larger negatives for kallitype and a digital workflow looks logical. I have a epson Perfection 3600 photo scanner that can go up to 4x5 inch and it works great. I also have a Canon S9000 printer and i read that it can be used for printing digital negatives.

And that brings me to my question: Is the following OHP material good for making digital negatives on the S9000?

HPC3876A HP ROL,CLEAR FILM 102micron/174grs.

I can buy this material on a rol 24 inch x 23 meters for a reasonalble price. But is it any good.?

If not i would have to look for Pictorio and that i can only buy at silverprint in London and the cost for posting is almost as high as the sheets itself!

I also am still reading howto's about making digital neg's. I am not sure if i only have to print in one color (cyan, magenta or yellow) or that i simply can print in BW for making digital negs.

Thats all for now. I really like this forum and all info and pictures. I am still looking on how to post pictures (faq i know) and i will post a few pictures of my work and my 4x5 inch work in progress.

Greetings from Holland!
    Gerard de Vrueh

Re: Introduction and Question

Welcome to the forum!
    Sorry, I cannot answer your questions, but I am looking forward to seeing your photos.