Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iqsmart users! Are there any?

Re: Iqsmart users! Are there any?

Thank you for the replies Mohammed. I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of 120 and 135, even without downscaling of the Plustek so I can try various settings in CS6.

When I wet mount with the 9000 it does take extra time and so far I haven't decided if it makes a big enough difference to do this. But I'll do some testing in the near future and post results online in case it is of interest of other users.

Do I understand you correctly that, if it were not as time-consuming to mount 135 film on the iQsmart, you would use it for such film?

Best
    philip

Quote Originally Posted by mob81 View Post
    I noticed the Plustek 120 (Like my previous Coolscan and Minolta 5400 before) scans are sharpened and it introduce noise (Digital noise) by default. Plus, the Plustek was down-scaled by PS to meet the iQsmart2 scan size which further sharpen the image
    The plustek is good scanner but the iQsmart is much cleaner and smoother tone image (Color or B&W) and once post processed it can give great prints. I'm not good at testing scanner but I can do another one next week and down-Scale the plustek without sharpening if you are interested. Both 120 and 35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mob81 View Post
    the reason I don't use 35mm with the iQsmart is because it's time consuming to prepare and mount the negatives on the masks (it takes full roll if you like). the plustek is much faster in that regards. 120 film or 4x5 I just lay down the negative in glass and scan away (Easy and beautiful scans)

Re: Iqsmart users! Are there any?

Quote Originally Posted by philipus View Post
    Thank you for the replies Mohammed. I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of 120 and 135, even without downscaling of the Plustek so I can try various settings in CS6.

When I wet mount with the 9000 it does take extra time and so far I haven't decided if it makes a big enough difference to do this. But I'll do some testing in the near future and post results online in case it is of interest of other users.

Do I understand you correctly that, if it were not as time-consuming to mount 135 film on the iQsmart, you would use it for such film?

Best
    philip
    I actually used it for 35mm on many occasion until I got the Plustek which is faster and easier with that type of film.

Here is a photo to show how to use the 35mm Mask (then wait for the preview and then adjust! Finally scan) But it takes full roll.

IMG_2071 by Mohammed Basamh, on Flickr

Here is a crop of ilford delta 100 the original photo is posted in the description

Fuji GW690III by Mohammed Basamh, on Flickr