Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mini portable darkroom? Or light tight container for single sheet stand dev??

Re: Mini portable darkroom? Or light tight container for single sheet stand dev??

Hmmm. Define "over agitate".

Re: Mini portable darkroom? Or light tight container for single sheet stand dev??

The guy who makes it has a video about just that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0Hs7DxCkBg

Not having a darkroom or easily converted space, I have been using a paterson tank and developing 4 sheets of 4x5 at a time, "taco" style. Works perfectly so far. I have not done single sheets but judging from other posts on the topic it is easily done. Lowest number of sheets I have tried with this method is 2.

I like the idea of being able to load the film in the container, pop the light-trap lid and a liquid plug in top. That way I can pur chem in and out and do the dev, washes and fixing all outside of the light tent! It sounds like some of the 35mm canisters will do that. But thare are a lot such canisters out on the bay. Is there a specific model you could recommend?

You could use a combiplan tank and put something in the other side to take up space. (like a block of glass or plastic) Might take 400ml out of the 1L or so normally used.

Something like:

http://www.amazon.com/KillZone-Igloo.../dp/B002ZU47X4

would make a decent darkroom if used in a fairly dark room (evening use with shades drawn). I bought one for outdoor non-photography use and it's pretty dark inside even on a sunny day.

Andi Heuser

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    would make a decent darkroom if used in a fairly dark room (evening use with shades drawn). I bought one for outdoor non-photography use and it's pretty dark inside even on a sunny day.
    Pretty dark isn't enough

This type of Nikor tank will work, 6.5 inches tall by 3.5 inches wide. Honeywell Nikor Q30 Stainless Steel tank.
    Questions and comments are always welcome

My darkroom is a black visqueen "tent" I stapled to the ceiling in the garage. Cost about $15.00.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

The guy who makes it has a video about just that.
    I just watched the video. Looks pretty robust, to me. It also looks like it should work just fine for rotary processing. I'd probably give one a try if they weren't so expensive.

I like the ModPhotographic 4x5 6 sheet holder, It is too bad about the price. Could probably run off a large run of those for $10 bucks each. Laser cutters are so fun, I might have to Mod me a similar solution ^.^