Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, You V8 'dorffers!

Re: Hey, You V8 'dorffers!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
    Ben-- I'd love to do that too. I paid a nut on ebay (listing as mcmch these days) for an adapter, but he delivered nothing but abuse. I checked with Richard Ritter and he wanted over $100 for a plastic adapter. There's a fancy one for $180 from attrevida on eBay. I guess I'll have to make one myself.
    Barry, I made my adapter board. If you have the time, you can save a lot of $'s. I had just made several lens boards and decided to use one to make an adapter. I also made the metal parts, but I think you can buy those pretty reasonably if you want to save some time and effort. After going through the process of building some quality 3 piece boards and the adapter, I understand why they demand the prices asked for them. It is not a quick or simple task.

This is the adapter board I made.

Lachlan 717

I paid a nut on ebay (listing as mcmch these days) for an adapter, but he delivered nothing but abuse.
    Yeah, I, too, bought one from him (custom for my 7x17). Specified the timber finish and size.

He ended up sending me one that was meant for another buyer; totally wrong size.

He did end up sending me one "close" to the size I asked for. Trouble was, it was a) warped, b) too thin and c) made of crap ply. Useless.

As such, I would recommend staying away from this Seller's junk.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Ben-- You did a nice job on that board--it looks first rate. I think I can layer some birch plywood and come up with something reasonable.

Lachlan-- I have no idea how that guy stays in business--you can tell from his eBay listing he's going to be a problem.

foam cubes cut to shape

I have an adapter board that I made out 3/8" baltic plywood that works great. I'm not posting a photo because its pretty ugly, but it tests out light tight and is useful, not only for saving space, but allowing me to use different cameras with the same set of lenses. I made an adapter for my both Kodak 2d and Deardorff V8 that both use technika boards, which fit on my Chamonix 4x5 naturally, so one lens could be used on 3 different cameras, theoretically. For me this was useful as sometimes when I go to the field, I don't know whether I'm going to shoot in 8x10 or 4x5.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

Ditto on Cabela's. I have a little larger case that holds up to 8 lenses mounted on 6 x 6 boards.

Here's another vote for using 4x4 boards and an adaptor. Will seriously cut your bag size by 30-40%
    Please email me - my inbox is always full.. (press ALT and click on my name, then select "Send email to Uri A"). Thanks!

Ben-- I'd love to do that too. I paid a nut on ebay (listing as mcmch these days) for an adapter, but he delivered nothing but abuse. I checked with Richard Ritter and he wanted over $100 for a plastic adapter. There's a fancy one for $180 from attrevida on eBay. I guess I'll have to make one myself.
    What kind of issues did you have?? With the eBay guy?

I have a smallish soft camera bag that will hold 3 lenses between dividers, some filters, a meter, cable releases, notebook, and other impedimenta. It also (the bag) fits into the lower compartment on the converted frame pack that I use to lug the thing around in, while the camera and up to six filmholders go in the upper compartment. Lunch, water, other stuff goes in the side pouches. Tripod gets tied on the top or bottom of the pack.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 19-Sep-2011 at 07:19. Reason: Spelling
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawlowski6132 View Post
    What kind of issues did you have?? With the eBay guy?
    --He didn't deliver anything for months after full payment.

--He ignored multiple polite emails requesting an estimate of delivery.

--He unleashed a stream of foul-mouthed abuse and threats after I contacted eBay regarding his non-delivery and lack of communication.