Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, You V8 'dorffers!

Hey, You V8 'dorffers!

How do you stow your lenses mounted on the 6"x6" boards? Niether of my Ektars (14" Commerical & 10" WF) have the clearance to ride "reversed" on board the camera. I've been using ziplock bags, which help with keeping dust & moisture at bay, but dosen't provide any cushion.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Hey, You V8 'dorffers!

large calumet lens wrap is good

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

I usually have my lenses wrapped in a jumbo-sized lens wrap and in a backpack compartment. I don't think I've ever taken more than three lenses out at one time--and generally only one or two. I'd still like to get a Deardorff to Linhof adapter board to take care of everything in a Copal 3 and smaller.

Pelican case.

Ditto lens wraps stored in backpack.

BarryS, I use a Deardorff to Linhof adapter board and it is great for moving lenses between cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hopson View Post
    ...I use a Deardorff to Linhof adapter board and it is great for moving lenses between cameras.
    Ben-- I'd love to do that too. I paid a nut on ebay (listing as mcmch these days) for an adapter, but he delivered nothing but abuse. I checked with Richard Ritter and he wanted over $100 for a plastic adapter. There's a fancy one for $180 from attrevida on eBay. I guess I'll have to make one myself.

John,

I use a Cabellas 6 reel (I think) case for fishing. Soft sided and holds 4 brass lenses on 6x6 boards. The dividers can be arranged as necessary. I bought that one for $15. I also have a 4 lens case by Photobackpacker that holds 4 of my more modern lenses on 6x6 boards that fits into their backback.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Thanks Jim, I'll check out the Cabelas on the next trip to Reno and see if they have anything that will fit one or two lenses.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Since I also use a 4x5/5x7 Deardorff, I have put all my view camera lenses on 4x4 Deardorff boards and had adaptor boards made for all my other view cameras. I have even mounted #5 shutters to the 4x4 boards. I put a spacer between the shutter and the board to give needed clearance. Save my back and packing space.

Preston

you may try taking the back off and putting the lens in a soft wrap cloth and stowing it with the board resting on the bellows/front standard from inside--then you get the front clearance increased by the thickness of the standard--I do this with my zone6 a lot--if you got gg breaking fears, you can put foamboard on the inside of the gg to spread the load but I 've found that not necessary. zone 6 I think is thicker folded than deardorff though...but you do get that extra clearance.