Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Memorial Service for Per Volquartz

Re: Memorial Service for Per Volquartz

I'm headed out the door with my 8x10 ... have wanted to re-take a favorite shot originally done in medium format ... at 2:00 p.m. I'll be shooting my own personal tribute to Per.

Would rather be in Pasadena for a direct tribute but can't ... my best to Per's family and myriad friends.

When we were considering our move from Tampa to the Pacific Northwest I remember thinking that I'd finally have a chance to attend one of the free workshops Per used to put on. Then I got here and I was never able to attend one. So I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him but he must have been quite a person to have generated the outpouring I've seen here. I've made a small donation that I hope helps with his medical expenses.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Jim Ewins

Sylvia & I will be there in spirit. Per has enriched both or lives. Jim Ewins

I attended Per Volquartz's Memorial Service,along with many other friends and students.
    Christen Volquartz spoke about life with his father and showed a excellent short and informative film of Per setting up and shooting a still life in his studio,he made it look so easy and simple as only a professional could, thankyou Christen for your talk and film.

Also Jorn Volguartz Per's bother, filled us in on Pers early life in Denmark, with humor and towards the end of his talking being over taken with emotion and Love for his deceased brother.

There were also many others expressing there experience's and gratefulness they found in there Friendship with Per. Roberto, for me gave the most emotional talks during the Eulogy, there was not a dry eye in the church when he finished spelling out his emotion towards Per.

Frank Su Hnang played an exceptional piece for us on his Cello, it was very nice and set a appropriate mood for the service.

Mrs Becky Volquartz graciously,and attentively accepted our condolence's and best wish's for the future, she is a very nice lady , every time I was at Pers house I felt very comfortable as she was a fine hostess and conversationalist.

Nice meeting many new folks and old friends and family.

Mike

slumry

Mike thank for your timely report on the service. I am very sorry I was unable to attend. It appears that I missed a very moving service as well as the opportunity to offer my condolences in person.

Also, thank you for the print of Per, it is in the process of getting framed. I hope there will be pictures of the service posted as well as other materials made available such as the film that was presented.

Stephen
    Follow me on Twaddle!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    This was posted by Per's son on his Facebook page..

Hello, My name is Christian Volquartz and I am the only living child of my father Per and mother Rebecca Volquartz.

My fathers sudden passing on Sunday has left my mother and I completely devastated and heartbroken beyond words. My father was a brilliant man with many talents and touched many lives.

The outpour of phone calls and visitors from all over the world has been nothing short of amazing. Per lived his life doing exactly what he loved to do. He lived his life to the fullest no matter the obstacles he faced.

My mother and I will continue to uphold his legacy within the art community.

We are asking for private donations to help with the medical expenses and funeral arrangements. Please click on this link to donate or copy and paste it into your browser.

DONATIONS
    Donation sent, thanks Matt
    Pic from Joshua tree 10'...Wind, rain, or snow...we gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Atkins View Post
    Donation sent, thanks Matt
    An important thing for us all to do.

Donation sent,

Asher