Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Re: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Thank you Per, we’ll miss you, but not the spirit you left behind.

Landscape/Still Life

After spending a few weeks with him and his wife at their house in May after the Tonopah get together and helping me create some amazing images it's so sad to see him go he has taught me so much over the years and always made me think more like a master than as a student! He always told me that life can be fun if you do the photography you were meant to do! Even after I got really sick the last few days I was there he told me "You look like hell man go back to bed" He treated me like family not just a student, he was my mentor/friend and all around teacher! He will be dearly missed by me and never far from my thoughts! Knowing him has made my life a better one and a much better photographer & teacher!!! RIP Per I love and miss you a great deal!!!! Send us the best light from above!

slumry

Such a loss for photography, our community and his family. He was such a mentor to so many, I will miss his workshops and his Zen way of teaching.
    Follow me on Twaddle!

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

So sorry to hear- what a huge loss to the LF community. Per was a generous, thoughtful person and a great photographer as well. Memories of photographing with Per in Bodie and the Alabama Hills will always have a special place in my heart.
    Brian Vuillemenot

I'll miss him greatly, and his workshops.

Mike

I took a workshop with Per in Vancouver some years ago, and found him to be a generous and talented teacher as well as a wonderful photographer. He will, as others have said, be greatly missed. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

Per on the way back from the 5 Church s work shop,just used his cane as a mono pod for my 4x5 speed graphic.
    Last edited by Michael Clark; 17-Jul-2011 at 16:52.

I saw Per at the Pasadena camera show last month(April), and he looked "normal" to me. I never knew he had health issues.

I still remember selling him some film and chemicals on my 3rd day after starting at Samy's in Pasadena back in 2007. He was very gracious to a ham-fisted clerk(me ) who didn't know the "ins and outs" of the computer software, and I accidentally double-charged him. Oops! He was cool about it though, and didn't bite my head off like most of the other 10 people waiting behind him(it was 3 days before Christmas).

I'll always remember that, the few times he and I spoke while I worked there and after I left, he was always a gracious, kind man who WANTED to see my prints, and helped me technically and artistically to better my work. Very gracious man

Thank you Per! You will NOT be forgotten!

-Dan

Mike, I think you meant cane. He used that thing to compose on potential shots and predict where the shadows will be when the sun moves.

Man - we lost a great teacher today.

My sympathies to his family at this time -- I like his photography.