This forum has been treasure of help in the past. I wonder if anyone can give me some food for thought in my search for a new camera. I know there are endless posts about this question but askers usually are to vague. I'll try to be more specific.

I own a Toyo 8x10 monorail and it's very bulky. I'm looking for a more portable camera to take into the field but heavy enough that it's not going to blow over or shake when I release the shutter. Although I'm not familiar with field cameras I think they're my best option. I would like a camera that has the widest range of movements, plus I'm interested in doing close up work so I also need something that has long bellows capability. (I'm not a technical wiz so focal length to bellows extension confuses me).

Deardorff view cameras seem to be tried and true but I'm not sure how long the bellows can extend. I know that 32'' bellows are standard and they're able to extend about 28" if using the movements. Also Deardorff doesn't have back movements. Is that typical for field cameras?

Does anyone have some advice for me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Joseph