Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scitex Eversmart Pro II Software + Computer

Re: Scitex Eversmart Pro II Software + Computer

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I can not find one good reason to scan in 10.4 compared to 9.2.2.
    I also prefer good old 9.2.2 for scanning. Connectivity is not a problem for me too and I solve it in 3 different ways.

I also have the same setup as Sergey. Using OS9.22 for Diagnostics only and OS10.3.9 for scanning. Wasn't able to Version 2.3.5 on OS10.4.11 however.

By using Version 2.5.5, I was able to run on OS10.4.11 and OS10.5.8. And that reason is due to limitation space in my home office. Hence no dedicated computer solely for scanning.

Evan

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyT View Post
    Sandy,

I have the same setup: OS 9.2.2 and OSX 10.3.9 actually. But I use 9.2.2 for the scanner diagnostics only, which are not available under OSX. The rest is done under OSX. It allows me to scan with the newer oXYgen, which I find being more gentle on the scanner and I can transfer my scans to my Windows PC over TCP where all editing is done.
    To be able to transfer my files from OS9 to Windows over TCP I would have to buy an extra software. To the best of my knowledge there is no native support of TCP in OS9.

SergeyT.

Checked and changed connectors, restarted, reinstalled - no luck so far!

Could someone please tell me the basics about installing it with the ratoc? It's FW not SCSI, right? No physical Terminator but just the switch on back?

I've found the documentation, but I don't manage to recognize the scanner!

Still no chance to get a calibration slide, wondering if it makes sense to get it at all...

georgl, Have you run the FR1 Configuration Utility for the RATOC FR1SX adapter? I had a similar problem getting my Eversmart Supreme recognized via FR1SX a couple years ago and the solution was accomplished via the Configuration Utility.

What finally got the scanner recognized was accomplished by: Starting the FR1SX FR1 Configuration Utility > Enabling it > Rebooting the computer > Restarting the FR1 Configuration Utility > Close the FR1 Configuration Utility without disabling it > Reboot and at this point the scanner was recognized.

No idea if this is relevant to your situation, or if it would work with the ProII, but I was having the same problem with the scanner not being recognized. My installation is on a G4 867 Quicksilver, OS X 10.4.11 and oXYgen 2.5.5.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by georgl View Post
    It's FW not SCSI, right? No physical Terminator but just the switch on back?

Still no chance to get a calibration slide, wondering if it makes sense to get it at all...
    I used only SCSI with ESpro. Yes. It has switchable ON-OFF terminator inside. Usually the scanner must be switched to ID 4 or 5. There are also service IDs also but not 4 or 5. Sometimes changing connectors help I agree. The scanner workes when connected to any scsi connector in "only SCSI cofiguration".

I've tried the Ratoc Fr1utility according to Ben and indeed, something happens when it's running or I played around with it.

With the Fr1utility entirely disabled (also tried fresh reinstall of utility and OXYgen to be sure) OXYgen doesn't start because there is no scanner or creo brand name...

But when it was activated, OXYgen says:

Incompability between the scanner serial number and the scanner number in EversmartDB. Use installation procedure in Eversmart Install&Utils application.

I then try to run the utility, it starts up, I see the installation screen for a second and it crashes.

I use SCSI ID 4 after playing around with it some time, I also tried to force ID 4 with Fr1utility - no luck.

I decided for the G5+Tiger+2.3.5 because it's the last officially working combination.

...I then try to run the utility, it starts up, I see the installation screen for a second and it crashes.
    Try to find an oXYgen 2.3.5.1+ for your G5 or try everything that you have on a G4.
    The SCSI ID should not matter, just do not use 7.

SergeyT.

Georgl,

As Sergey stated, if you are able to locate Scitex Scanning Software 2.3.5.1, then it will work.

I was unable to locate 2.3.5.1 and was told at the time of software upgrade, it was a direct download from Scitex's website. For those individuals who took the opportunity to burn a CD of the upgrade, then they would have it.

Having said that, I was fortunate enough to located a copy of Version 2.5.5 from Genesis Equipment along with a separate FW driver that allow my scanner to be recognized. Sometimes you might have to get an individual or technician who can help find solutions that would allow you to run your scanner without any problems.

I had no choice but to go this route, because Version Ver. 2.3.5 would not work with my G4 or G5. I am currently using OS10.4.11 Tiger on a G4 MMD with my Eversmart Pro II running Scitex Scanning Software 2.5.5 with a Ratoc FRS1X Firewire adapter.

Had I not receive direct help from Genesis Equipment (Kodak was useless as support is dead) my Eversmart Pro II would had wound up in the landfill. I thank Michael Streeter for his valuable help and advice that enable me to run my scanner again.

I've tried the Ratoc Fr1utility according to Ben and indeed, something happens when it's running or I played around with it.

With the Fr1utility entirely disabled (also tried fresh reinstall of utility and OXYgen to be sure) OXYgen doesn't start because there is no scanner or creo brand name...

But when it was activated, OXYgen says:

Incompability between the scanner serial number and the scanner number in EversmartDB. Use installation procedure in Eversmart Install&Utils application.

I then try to run the utility, it starts up, I see the installation screen for a second and it crashes.

I use SCSI ID 4 after playing around with it some time, I also tried to force ID 4 with Fr1utility - no luck.

I decided for the G5+Tiger+2.3.5 because it's the last officially working combination.

Great, I paid 70€ for 2.3.5 - the only choice I had at that time...

2.3.5.1 or newer, ok, might be difficult to get my hands on it in Germany...

So any help is highly appreciated!

georgl,

I have oxygen 2.6.0. It runs with my Supreme on a G4 with Tiger and with a Ratoc Firewire adapter.
    I am located in Germany.
    Interested?

Juergen