Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Holy Grail of Pinkham lenses" What is your Holy Grail of soft focus Lens

Re: "The Holy Grail of Pinkham lenses" What is your Holy Grail of soft focus Lens

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Geoff. Did you leave negative feed back saying he does not ship item etc etc. That may have more of an impact to potetial buyers.
    Eddie, Stupid me. I did try to leave Neg feedback but the default is Positive. Neg has to be selected. I typed in that he is a thief but forgot to select Neg feedback and Pos was left. This was the only time in my ten year history that I was going to leave Neg feedback and believe me that I have dealt with some real losers on eBay but this guy definitely takes the cake. What is most disturbing about this guy is how easily he lies. When he didn't send the lens he told me to cancel the transaction and that he would immediately relist it with the $350 buy it now so I can buy it again, saying the original description was wrong and he didn't want to break eBay rules. He then said that he needed to relist it so he wouldn't pay taxes twice on the item. He was just trying to get out of the deal so I wouldn't eave neg feedback. Stupid, Stupid me for not paying enough attention to select the neg feedback button. This is the feedback left. "SELLS BUY NOW CANCELS AUCTION WANTS MORE MONEY, EXTORTION! AVOID SELLER SCAMMER!" And about eBay. I reported him and told them that this is a relist from a lens he sold me already but it is still posted. They haven't removed it yet and don't know if they will. It could easily be snatched up and sold again and gone. So much for eBay transactions be legally binding. Geoffrey

Re: "The Holy Grail of Pinkham lenses" What is your Holy Grail of soft focus Lens

Quote Originally Posted by akfreak View Post
    What are the chances of me picking this lens to query. That seller sounds like a complete Turd. Since you paid him you know his name and email. It is in your Paypal records. I would post as much information here or start a new thread about him. What a POS, I have had dealings with Liar thieves, like this before. Seems like there is a lot of profit to be had just by being educated about old lenses.

Seriously this stuff can be had for penny's in some cases and worth mega bucks. I guess this is why this hobby/ profession is so cloak and dagger but mainly cut throat.

I wonder how he became aware about the lens value after he sold it to you instead of before. I hope he gets exactly what he deserves. He should have to sell the lens to you for the $350. I remember somewhere in Ebay TOS that when you bid it is a contract!

How did this punk, weasel out of selling you this lens? I was shocked at the condition of the lens, separation is one thing but a huge chip is another. You say it had only a single element, now he is offering two elements. I wonder if he found some literature on the lens and bought some random element from Surplus Shed or something.

If he found a rear element, am surprised he didn't replace front and back based on the shyster behavior he exhibited.

I should pull his chain a little and see if he will deal outside of ebay, and then turn him in. I could make a new fake ebay account, just to give him a taste of what it feels like to get screwed around. Karma, I hope he faces it soon!

I don't know if buying it to jerk his chain will help. According to the eBay rep I talked to this will be investigated and they might pull him from doing business on eBay but I'm not hopeful because whenever I've had problems with eBay they always looked out for eBay's interests first. More later. G

BTW, I did try buying it again but the A**Hole blocked me from bidding.

Shouldn't this guy be brought to the attention of as many photogs as possible... eg APUG etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Shouldn't this guy be brought to the attention of as many photogs as possible... eg APUG etc etc?
    This should be brought to the attention on the other foeums. I know that he was fishing for info on APUG as well. I don't have an account with APUG but perhaps it's time I join.

BTW, he just lowered his buy it now price to $3999, It started at $6500, then down to $4500, now $3999.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Pinkhams are the best. I only have a couple but I was able to shoot a few different series lately. Wonderful lenses.
    "The best"?
    how?

SO many wonderful lenses out there.. Isn't it "just" different?

I havn't tried one - I proberly never will (too expensive), but I think if someone gave me the choise to pick one out of let's say three lenses I don't know:

P&S (any of them) - Karl Struss - or a Perscheid, I would be in doubt, but would proberly go for the Perscheid... (if money wasn't an offer and I wasn't going to sell it again)...

don't really know why - I mostly LOVe the name!! and have seen awesome results from it..

Holy grail of SF lenses?
    I have a few I would love to own/try.. My personal favourite these days is proberly a big Ilex Paragon 375mm... Great lens!

But I love my Cookes - plasticca and kronarette too.. Too many to try..

Emil

I hear ya! Just had to pick one. I did. I love the others you listed. My cookes are at the top. Maybe next holy grail thread I will name them....or a kalosat.....

I have a 300 mm persheid for ya.... BWAH HA HA HA!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I'm anxious to try the Struss I have, I looked for one for 4 years....

There are so many, holy grails out there for example the Universal Heliar which was the only lens with the japanese Kaiser wanted to get a Portrait with it! No other lenses where acepted. The Imagons are also more in use in the past 50 years then any other SF lens!
    Its more the photog behind the lens which make it sing then anything else!

Cheers Armin

"When he didn't send the lens he told me to cancel the transaction and that he would immediately relist it with the $350 buy it now so I can buy it again, saying the original description was wrong and he didn't want to break eBay rules."

That's wonderful! He doesn't want to break ebay's rules. Did you tell him about the rule that says sellers are supposed to ship items that people buy and pay for?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.