Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: KEH quality

Re: KEH quality

Quote Originally Posted by uphereinmytree View Post
    So in my opinion, based on recent purchases, Keh.com has gone downhill. I know longer rely on the condition ratings and expect to be less than satisfied. Today I received an order minus one item (sold to another 1 minute before I checked out). The refund is being held by paypal for lack of funds?! The other items are missing parts and not as nice as described. My last purchase from a month ago was equally disappointing. Hundreds of dollars type purchases. Now I might have to pay expensive shipping to return large items. Am I the only unlucky customer?
    Since when does KEH take paypal... thats a new one on me.... i buy from them all the time. Really great people to deal with. You really will not find many people dissatisfied with them. In fact if there is another one besides you, i would be in total shock.... "They jake in my book" In my many years of sellin camera stuff i have had a few times where i could not make a customer happy. They just seem not to be able to kick the wife and kids hard enough. Life must be really treatin them hard.....

http://www.mikepic.com

I just got another expensive lens from them today.

Although it was only rated EX (not EX+), I can find no issue of any kind. It looks absolutely brand new right out of the box.

- Leigh

LF nub

The last lens I purchased from them was exactly as Leigh has noted, and it was also rated as EX. Like new condition, without a mark to be found on it. Only once have I received an item I wasn't pleased with, and KEH gladly accepted the return. Hard to argue with that!

I only tried ordering there once and never will again. I ordered a bronica 6x7 in exc condition w/ 110mm lens. It arrived and didn't wind properly so it obviously never was checked at all because this was apparent right when I first tried to use it. To make matter worse I sent it in for a refund and they kept telling me for weeks they were processing the refund but it never came. I had to finally dispute it with my credit card company.

Always had good luck on Lenses. my last was a BGN 105 Nikkor for 6X9 that was new and unused. I always figure BGN bodies are well beaten and its buyer beware for BGN bodies!
    Wally Brooks

Everything is Analog!
    Any Fool Can Shoot Digital!
    Any Coward can shoot a zoom! Use primes and get closer.

I bought a 210 Sinaron-S from them recently, rated Ex+. I can't fault it; shutter seems accurate and the glass is the cleanest I've seen. The whole thing is like new - can't wait to get to use it! Other small bits and pieces I've bought from them in the last year have all been conservatively rated. I'll definitely deal with KEH again.

Barry.

They have a high degree of honor as well. A little over a year ago, they listed a BGN Mamiya 7 with an 80mm lens for $650.00. I called and asked if they still had it, and the guy that answered the phone said yes. I said I'd take it and in the process of creating the order he found that his paperwork showed that it was supposed to be body only for $650.00. When I pointed out what the web listing said, he put me on hold for about two minutes, then came back and asked for my credit card information. Three days later a body with lens showed up via Fed Ex that you couldn't tell from new.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Wow, nice deal...

Just ordered another BGN item, a Nikon rangefinder viewfinder. I hope it's as good as the last BGN item.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I am unhappy with them just now. I recently ordered an EX+ used Samsung NX10 body from KEH but called first to see if the manual and software were included. I was plainly (and too quickly, I thought) told that only the battery and charger are included. The camera came today missing the battery and charger. The person who took my complaint this afternoon quickly looked up my invoice and said "It just says body. No battery or charger are included."

The camera's condition seems pristine. I hope it works well since I have now ordered the battery and charger from another source.

I with that their snappy answers were more consistent and more accurate.

I have not been dissatisfied with KEH, a specific sales rep per say at one point related to my Nikon 2.8 300mm they could not find for week & which I had to really pursue to get. But it was pristine as advertised when I did get it. Over the years have bought lots of MF and SF gear including this super awesome telephoto lens. I would not hesitate to buy from them.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com