hello all, I was just wanting some more information on where to find the old style powder flashes.
frankly, I was hoping someone knows of a place that may have one, specific models to look for, as well as any tips on using these.

I do know the safety tips, and I do have a recipe already, thanks to The ILFORD Manual of Photography (apprx 1920's version)
I use a bulb flash, but it takes 2a bulbs. and frankly, apart from the occasional cheap ebay auction, those bulbs are expensive. flashbulbs wats $8 per bulb. meggaflash, from what I can guesstimate by matching stats for the bulbs, has a similar bulb, made new. price: not listed. if you have to ask.
but, I ran the numbers for a powder flash, and with a powder flash using about 6.5 grammes of powder mix per flash, and with a reasonably priced powder supplier, it may be cheaper. actually, for $46 I can get 80 powder flashes. at flashbulbs price, I can get 80 bulb flashes for $640. I heard meggaflash charges a little more per bulb.
for the same price, I can get a little over 13x as many flashes from powder (for the $640) than from bulbs.

please, does anyone have anything that can help me here? anything is really appreciated.

oh, and here is the recipe excerpt from the ILFORD book. http://www.photomemorabilia.co.uk/Il...otography.html
the whole book is probably readable on google. it should be very interesting.

thanks again!