Thread: Another store closure...Colormark

The Rookie

Another store closure...Colormark

My favorite source for color processing has just closed.

http://colormark.com/Colormark/Home_2.html

Any suggestions for a replacement? Colormark charged $1.75 per sheet for C-41 or E-6 on 4x5. Maybe that's why they couldn't hang in there.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

Re: Another store closure...Colormark

AgX in Michigan does E-6 well and reasonably; Samys in Santa Barbara is reportedly good as well. Praus in Rochester is recommended by several.

Samy's camera in Santa Barbara charges $1.70 a sheet and I have been happy with their service. I let my exposed sheets build up until there is at least a 20 sheet order.

They recently updated their website and it's almost impossible to find the information about film processing. I called them and was given this link to the price list.

http://www.samys.com/common/samys_cr...cesfilmlab.pdf

What they do not have posted is the .pdf mail order processing form that one needs to fill out and send in with the film. I have emailed them letting them know that the website is not easy to navigate and that this form is missing and have not heard back from them. I am trying to send them business so they don't shut down the processing lab but their new site needs a lot of improvement IMHO.

There is a link to sbminilab@samys.com on the price sheet in the link provided above and perhaps if more people send requests for the form they may post it sooner.

I have the form saved in my computer so please PM me if you need it and I have sent it out to others already.

If someone has a website that we could post the processing .pdf form on that would be great. It would be nice to have a permanent link to it online somewhere until Samy's updates their new website.

$1.70 a sheet is a great price.

The Rookie

Thanks Dave. I'll give them a try.
    Yeah. I'm familiar with Photoshop. It's the place I buy my film.

Octogenarian

Some of my photographer friends here in Texas send their color film for processing to Tempe Camera, in Tempe, AZ. From what they tell me, they are very happy with the quality of the service.

Colormark was located in Phoenix, AZ. Next door to Photomark which is owned/operated by the same folks.

How much longer before Photomark closes it's doors? Especially since Rod Klukas is no longer there.

"Thanks Dave. I'll give them a try."

Email sent to send you the order form which you will need.

There is a place in Tuscon called Photographic Works... I used to use their Flagstaff branch, and was always happy with them when I lived there.

-DP

falth j

Re: Samy's

I believe it was some time last year, after having read about Samy’s film processing that I tried to find how to accomplish this from information on their web site...

to no avail.

After sending emails, and no answers, I finally called, and someone said to check with their Santa Barbara store...

Now, after some elapsed time, evidently they still have not saw fit to correct or update their web-site.

It flies in the face of good business practice, that as customers we need their services, and businesses wonder why they have to quit, while burying their services under the proverbial bushel basket, and take no steps to correct poor practices?

It seems as though many businesses can't sort out their idiosycracies to make things customer friendly, or don't want to grow their business..

On the other hand, I called AgX in Sault St. Marie, Michigan, with questions about how to go about working with them regarding film processing, and, imagine my surprise, the person answering the phone was Mike Lussier, the owner...

I explained my situation and with no evidence of being in a hurry, patiently explained to me what I needed to do to inititially to become a customer...

No big deal, no hoops to jump through, no mountains to jump over...

Everything was as handled as you would expect...

... I don't know Mike. I have no financial interest or connection with AgX.

AgX +1

Richard M. Coda

I was in Photomark the other day to check on a consignment item I had left there. The place was almost empty and almost void of products. The feeling I got was that they may only be there another week or two. I bought the last box of TMax 100 4x5 (50 sheets) that they had.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"