Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hasselgraphic or Speedblad?

Re: Hasselgraphic or Speedblad?

ilford fp4 in the grasselflex

I likes.

Yes... but why not just shoot it on a blad body and have SLR viewing and all? I thought it was that particularly nice lens that was expensive, not the bodies/backs anymore.

A 2003 body and 110/2 is one of those classic combinations....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Yes... but why not just shoot it on a blad body and have SLR viewing and all? I thought it was that particularly nice lens that was expensive, not the bodies/backs anymore.

A 2003 body and 110/2 is one of those classic combinations....
    I can't look through an SLR and focus a camera due to eye problems and I can't look down to use a waistlevel finder because of issues with my neck/brain stem. I'm going to modify the cam and it will be a 110 f/2 coupled rangefinder. And when I shoot using the ground glass it's in front of me and not down.

There are other reasons, too, like closer macro, bigger film real estate (kinda like shooting a petzval on a too big plate, it has a look), but the biggest reason for me is I can use it like this. These were the first "real" photographs I've made in over a year!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore View Post
    I can't look through an SLR and focus a camera due to eye problems and I can't look down to use a waistlevel finder because of issues with my neck/brain stem. I'm going to modify the cam and it will be a 110 f/2 coupled rangefinder. And when I shoot using the ground glass it's in front of me and not down.

There are other reasons, too, like closer macro, bigger film real estate (kinda like shooting a petzval on a too big plate, it has a look), but the biggest reason for me is I can use it like this. These were the first "real" photographs I've made in over a year!
    Why not get the Hasselblad ground glass adapter and focus straight through, like using the gg on a 45?

Nice work, Jeremy. Both the camera and the images. Keep on keepin' on my friend.
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Why not get the Hasselblad ground glass adapter and focus straight through, like using the gg on a 45?
    I didn't know about that - though I imagine it is a lot slower/more fussy beginning to end to:

compose, focus, remove adapter, load 120 magazine back onto camera, shoot - as opposed to how quickly i can slap a grafmatic or double-sided holder in there.

This thing looks neat, too: http://cgi.ebay.com/Moveable-Adapter...ht_1706wt_1034

I have a 2000FCM, but a friend loaded a roll of 120 film in it backwards and ripped the shutter out. I have neither the money to replace or repair it right now or buy anything at all so I'm just making do with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerik Kouklis View Post
    Nice work, Jeremy. Both the camera and the images. Keep on keepin' on my friend.
    Thanks, Kerik!

Jeremy, great photos. Beautiful model.

multiplex

looking forward to the next installment jeremy !