Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Utah

Re: Hello from Utah

Hello Zac, and welcome to the world of LF photography and this great forum!

Quote Originally Posted by michael slade View Post
    What lensboard does that Shen take? All of my lenses are on Canham boards if you want to see what they'll do. I have a 90, 120, 150, 210, 355, 480 and a 21 inch... It might give you a good idea what different lenses may or may not do for you.
    its a Wista style board, looks to be fairly common

Nice shots! How's your Shen Hao working with the 90? I'm thinking of getting a new 4x5, as the widest lens I can really use on my old Bender is a 135mm I have (the bellows don't give me much movement, and I can't even really use an old Angulon 90 on it), and I've been looking at the TZ45-IIB and XPO models. Either that, or maybe a used Sinar F.

I'm in Utah County, by the way. I don't know of any local clubs, but I haven't really looked either.

--Doug

Quote Originally Posted by nickademusss View Post
    Thanks for the offer! Its #0 shutter sized, I should get the Shen this Friday and take a few weeks to get used to it, but I would like to see what yours would do on it.
    Can you tell me if their are any clubs in the area for LF users or just plane photography?
    I'm not certain how active they are anymore but the Photographic Print Society has been around in the Salt Lake area for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Nice shots! How's your Shen Hao working with the 90? I'm thinking of getting a new 4x5, as the widest lens I can really use on my old Bender is a 135mm I have (the bellows don't give me much movement, and I can't even really use an old Angulon 90 on it), and I've been looking at the TZ45-IIB and XPO models. Either that, or maybe a used Sinar F.

I'm in Utah County, by the way. I don't know of any local clubs, but I haven't really looked either.

--Doug
    The IIB is the one I have now, the 90 works very well, not much movement though, the bag bellows would be needed. I am just getting started in LF, but I love my Shen Hoa, it is built very well. I also picked up a 210mm, its seems to give great views, its also a no1 shutter so its a heavy lens and the Shen supports it easily.

Thanks for the kins words on my Photo's, LF is so much fun!