Thread: 95mm ND filters

95mm ND filters

I've got a Tele-Arton 5.5/360mm lens and it takes a 95mm filter. I'm looking for a screwin ND filters for it. Heliopan, B+W, Tiffen. looking for .3 and .6 +1 & +2 stops. Any one of these work better then an other? Looking to use it for outside landscape photos on Velvia film. thanks

Re: 95mm ND filters

Heliopan makes 95mm ND in 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.0 and 3.0 DENSITIES

0.3 and o.6 are 1 and 2 stop.

They are very neutral in color and very accurate in density. 0.3 (1 stop) and 0.9 (3 stop) are currently in stock. o.6 is available on special order at this time.

I'd stay away from tiffen's. I don't care if sexton uses them. They use thick aluminum rings that bind up more than other brand and the coatings aren't easy to keep clean. Once you see prices for 95mm round filters you may consider a Lee system and Lee, hitech, formatt, or other brand of resin filters that are suited for all of your lenses, not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'd stay away from tiffen's. I don't care if sexton uses them. They use thick aluminum rings that bind up more than other brand and the coatings aren't easy to keep clean. Once you see prices for 95mm round filters you may consider a Lee system and Lee, hitech, formatt, or other brand of resin filters that are suited for all of your lenses, not just one.
    Vinny the OP mentioned he wants to use it on a 360mm lens. It's not a good idea to use plastic or resin filters on longer lenses as it will cause a noticeable depreciation in sharpness as compared to glass filters.

I want to stay with the glass filter. Bob Is their a price list? I looked on you web page but could not find one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panoman617 View Post
    I want to stay with the glass filter. Bob Is their a price list? I looked on you web page but could not find one.

Thanks
    Check with a camera store. We can only give you a list price and every camera store discounts.

OK thanks Bob I will.