Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six new pages of images done with the antiques

Re: Six new pages of images done with the antiques

The Dagor is particularly dear to my heart. I have a slightly later 10 3/4" in a better shutter which has been my favorite on everything up to 8x10 for more than 20 years. I have its 12" brother in a dial set Compur as the normal lens on my 7x17.
    It is always inspiring to look at your posted images to see what can be done with objects most of us pass up.

Cool Re: Six new pages of images done with the antiques

I looked at these images last week and always enjoy looking at your lens comparisons. One thing that does bother me is that it would be easier for me to see the differences between the lenses if I could see the prints side by side.

Diane

I thoroughly enjoyed this series Jim. They very effectively demonstrate the value in matching the lens to the subject. The high quality that these old lenses produce clearly show that lens makers knew a thing or two about producing excellent glass. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Jim, Diane, and Scotty. I've been on an extended photo trip in Oregon, so will have some new things in a month or so when I catch up.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Thanks Jim, Diane, and Scotty. I've been on an extended photo trip in Oregon, so will have some new things in a month or so when I catch up.
    Jim,

I have looked at every page and each shot. This is the type work I love and you do a wonderful job. Wish I could trail around after you. You, Richard and Eddie are to blame for my new photography phase. When I was using Kodak Ektar, I felt I was using old equipment. Now I have a couple petzval, the first purchased from Richard. Thanks and I love looking at the works of a really good group of photographers.

Jack

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-H...09348465760954
    www.jackharrisphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by northcarolinajack View Post
    Jim,

I have looked at every page and each shot. This is the type work I love and you do a wonderful job. Wish I could trail around after you. You, Richard and Eddie are to blame for my new photography phase. When I was using Kodak Ektar, I felt I was using old equipment. Now I have a couple petzval, the first purchased from Richard. Thanks and I love looking at the works of a really good group of photographers.

Jack

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-H...09348465760954
    www.jackharrisphotography.com

Thanks Jack! We have a group of really good photographers having an outing in Tonopah Nevada as we speak. You're right, it is fun and really inspiring to look at what the other folks are doing. I find myself saying too often, "I wish I'd seen that"

Yeah, Jim, i shall join to chorus of thanks (ok, my bank account may not for now, but hey)..
    I kept hiddenly follow your posts for a while, and they were one of those that win me over to bite into LF and playing with old lenses