Hello,

following the discussion about the lack of contrast with the TMAX100 I am doing some test to find out what I might have done wrong and to be more precise in the future.
Looking up in the forum I've landed on this page (http://www.viewcamera.com/pdf/2006/V...%20Started.pdf) and I am trying to follow this test but I am experiencing some problems...

Problem number 1:
When it comes to testing the EI of the particular film the guide suggest to take 6 exposures (by the way why to leave the 6th unexposed!?) rating the film at different speeds (50%, 75%, 100%, 125%, 150% if compared to the declared speed).
For making my life easier I decide to rate the film according to the options of my meter and therefore I have set: 50, 64, 80, 100, 125, 160 ISO.
After I have set up the room for the test I noticed that actually, as I am using one flash as source of light and therefore the only thing that I could change for modifing the exposition is the aperture value, setting the proper f/stop it's absolutely not easy!
As I need to find Zone I I have to stop down 4 stop (therefore multipling by 4 the f/stop that would be suitable for zone V) and these are the numbers that I got:

ISO------Zone V------Zone I
50--------5,6----------22,4
64--------5,63--------22,52
80--------5,67--------22,68
100-------8-----------32
125-------8,03--------32,12
160-------8,07--------32,28

How do you set such f/stop on the lens?!
I have a Schneider Symmar Convertible 150mm/268mm and the f/stop scale it's so tiny that, personally, I think it's impossible to be so precise...

Is there anything I am missing?
Any trick!?

Problem number 2:
This is much easier...
When it comes to take the exposure to find the proper developing time for the negative do I have to rate the film with the EI that I found out from the previous step or the manufacterer one? I think that, logically, it should be the EI that I found out doing the previous test but I wanted to double check with you...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!