Thread: LF in atlanta

LF in atlanta

Hi All,
    I got enough courage to post!

My name is david and I am in atlanta. I was into film all of my life but all 35mm. About 12 years ago I fell for digital; about 10 years ago I decided I hated digital and sort of fell out of photography all together.

2 years or so ago I got back into film with a Leica M4-P, then an M6. I got a digital M8 in there as well. Soon MF followed with 6x4.5 soon tossed away, 6x7 mamiya both RF and SLR then a big ass fuji 6x9. My desire for larger and larger kept going.

I fooled around with a crown graphic 2x3 for a while and soon bought Frank P's linhof kardan 4x5. Last weekend I went to the michael and paula workshop in New Orleans and fell in love with 8x10! This weekend I am selling my M8 and a lens or 2 to fund my new deardorff 8x10 kit

At home we have a full dark room and process all film there.

I like taking pictures....not always good at it but I do it a lot!

Happy to be here; been lurking for over a year!

Re: LF in atlanta

Welcome to the dark slide!
    I'm in the Roswell/East Cobb area and shoot 4x5. Had an 8x10 Korona for a while but sold it because it was too bulky to use easily, my 4x5 saw way more action and got me better results.

Welcome to group therapy! Sounds like you're well on your way to a full-fledged LF addiction!

Welcome aboard! Three of us in the area have been trying to put together a group shoot for some time but schedules aren't meshing so far. There was another post from a local photographer recently about darkslides. We should be able to come up with a local LF group (though I'm still of the idea that maybe a local "film" group might be a good idea, at least would find more participants.)

we sort of have a small group going. Follow this to RFF and the big deal for next weekend. All formats are welcome....especially when the BBQ is at my house

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...play.php?f=161

look at the Rff meet atlanta thread. We would love to have some new folks stop by if for the BBQ if nothign else!

Welcome to large format. I am in Macon (center of Georgia) and shoot 4x5. Would love some large format shoots.