Yes, I just remembered seeing this in my Voigtlander catalog of 1938 and forgot all about it. There it is on the last page: WZ-Weichzeichner. Here is the first paragraph in German an a loose English translation care of Google Translate:

"Warum weiche bilder? Die scharfe und klare Zeichnung der modernen Anastigmate ist unzweifelhaft gegenuber den objektiven alter Konstruktion ein grosser vorteil und fur allgemeine zwecke eine heute selbstverstandliche notwendigkeit. Wenn es sich aber um bildmassige photographie handelt, dann hat diese uberdeutliche wiedergabe selbst der kleinsten einzelheiten auch ihre nachteile. Deshalb legt man bei gewessen arbeiten auch heute auf die weiche zeichnung, die mit einem anastigmaten nicht zu erreichen ist, solchen wert.

Why soft images? The sharp and clear drawing of the modern Anastigmat is no doubt about the objective to old design a great advantage and for general purposes necessary one day for granted. But if it is dealing with massive picture photography, then this has clear about reproducing even the smallest details of their disadvantages. Therefore, we shall need to turn in work today on the blur that is not served by an Anastigmat, such a value."

Price in 1938 was RM 45. I believe RM was Reichs Marks. By comparison the Universal Heliar 30 cm f4.5 sold for RM 648.