Hello everybody...

For the ones who read the previous post this is the second part...
For the ones who haven't read the other thread I would like to apology in advance for any stupid question but I am totally new to 4x5 and developing.

I have finished the developing (in tubes) and I have scanned the negatives and I have to say that it has been a big delusion...
I don't know from where to start because so many things might have gone wrong that I really have no ideas about what to expect.

The problems that I have experienced are many:
1) the contrast of the negatives is very different from what I expected
2) I scanned the negatives and I am very unsatisfied with the resolution

1) As I've said I developed the negatives in tubes with standart tmax developer for the standard 7.30 min. As I wanted a very high contrast negatives I really rotated and shaken the tubes as much as I could but still, once scanned, the negative were very very flat if compared to my 5D mark II files. At the beginning when I saw the first scanned files I have thought that it was not a big issue as I could have increased the contrast in photoshop or directly in the scanning software but if I try to play a bit with it the results are really really bad as highlights and shadows go black 100% and white 100% really really fast!

2) I tried to scan the negatives at 4800 dpi but it seems like it's useless as 2400 would already catch all the details of the negative. I was very very disappointed as one of the reason I wanted to use 4x5 camera is that I expected an amazing resolution and details, someing uncomparable to any digital file. I also decided to use kodak tmax100 as I've read it's one of the film with the smallest grain and best detail possible but it did not help...

Really, so far my 4x5 experience is a true delusion.
My 5D mark II files are simply outstanding if compared to the 4x5 negatives.
I really hope it's just my fault and you will confirm that 4x5 is much better than any small format digital camera... :-)

Thank ou very much for all your suggestions!

Ale