Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noted photographers amongst us

Noted photographers amongst us

I was wondering who are the noted photographers participating (past or present) in this forum. Here's the first ten that come to mind, in random order:

Massimo Vitali, Brian Ulrich, Chris Jordan, Geoffrey James, Michael Smith, John Sexton, Kirk Gittings, Merg Ross, Kerik Kouklis, Tillman Crane.

Who else ?

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Re: Noted photographers amongst us

Noted?

The key is "participating". We have some of the noted togs that indeed participate by adding their two bits to a discussion. Then we have the vast majority that only "participate" to sell some product, course or trip. Those I can do without. The ones that actually do enrich the forum I have no bones about promoting their wares.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Drew Wiley

That's a risky question.

Christopher Broadbent

Octogenarian

Hey QT, you didn't include yourself.

You're definitely in the same class as the other noted photographers you mentioned.

I agree it's a risky question. What comes to mind is that many of those "noted photographers" will jump into a thread to remind everyone what they are doing, not necessarily answering what the Original Poster asked. And I agree about some of those same guys selling products or services without actually contributing.

And FWIW, QT, some of those guys on your list I've never heard of; and I've been here a fair amount of time (I think).

We all have a right to our privacy. Leave them alone.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

hello QT, finally a post from the founder, i thought you were just a mythical creature who lives in the mountains, and is occasionally seen carrying what looks like a camera over your shoulder.

my answer is that the universe is relative.

and as mentioned, of more use are the unsung hero's who actually discuss real problems and give out advice.

but 'frank pert-how ever you spell his name' seems a candidate, he is noted or big noted, but always puts in either humour, wisdom, or a nice shot
    he is a good writer to, and most people seem to see him as a bit of an elder, kind of seems like a classic New Yorker!
    through a glass darkly...

I don't get out much. The only names I know from your list, I know from here, and I don't separate them from the other participants, not because they don't merit distinction, but because I'm not very well informed of their notability. I tend to associate names with their areas of expertise, or their posted images, or their style of writing, and I have no idea which among us are more notable than the others. Worse yet, I get several names confused on a regular basis. Was that horrifying nude self portrait by Kirk Gittings, or Kirk Keyes? I don't know, but the memory of it is a scar I'll bear to my grave (I'm only joking, Kirk, you're an Adonis). I would love to collect the top 50 posters in one place and meet the lot, face to face.