Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Petzvals aren't for Portraits

Re: Petzvals aren't for Portraits

Now the worlds Portraitlens experts are gather here how about pointing me in the direction of some fairly cheap portraitlenses (soft focus if possible) that are available in europe. something for the Hollywood style soft portraits.
    Best regards
    Søren Nielsen

Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Brewer View Post
    To Gandolfi: Why don't you just quit reading my ad and my posts, cuz I'm not going to change the way I write.

You read my ad and saw what you wanted to see, I did refer to why I said what I said in the ad, and I clarified it here, I couldn't have made this clearer, so to me, you're focused in on only that part that you think gives you an excuse to 'go off' and ignoring everything else.

I don't know who the hell you are Gandolfi or where you're from, now, or when I wrote the ad, so from where I'm sitting, I think you got a serious problem thinking all this was directed to you

The madder you get, the more I think that's true.

My using caps when I write, is my business, it's not up for discussion, you don't like it. don't read it.

I've made it clear that what I said was a strong and harsh admonition for the crooks(DIDN'T MENTION COUNTRIES-LOL), again, this was for the crooks and not the 'good folks', there's nothing clearer than that, if you decide the part about crooks means you, well that's you deciding that, not me.

I'm sure after saying all this you'll blow, if you do, go right ahead, but I'll suggest you take a deep breath, understand that I was talking to no one in particular in the ad, so why not come back down to earth, instead of going crazy over an attack that was never made.
    --

I don't trust anybody, you gotta EARN my trust, so it's kind of silly somebody I've never heard of ranting about I don't trust him, why would I(LOL)??? The answer is I wouldn't.

One big issue about overseas versus selling here in the US, is that I have some redress here if somebody rips me off, but no redress when it comes to overseas, and the issue of the manifpulation of PayPay via chargeback fraud and feedback extortion.

--

There are people overseas that I trust, but they had to earn my trust, no amount of self righteous ranting is going to change that
    wow - talk about getting offended...

Mr Brewer.
    I am sorry if I offended you!

But I am not you.. And your response here makes me wonder whether you at all think about how written language might be recieved?

You don't trust anybody unless they earn your trust.
    That's fine. I, however, trust everybody unless they misuse that trust.

you say": I don't know who the hell you are Gandolfi or where you're from, now, or when I wrote the ad, so from where I'm sitting, I think you got a serious problem thinking all this was directed to you"

I don't know why you have to swear at me. And yes - I feel it is written to me. How could I read otherwise?

You mention two bad cases, selling to overseas people...

And you mention PayPal trouble..

Well - you don't know me of course - and it sounds like you have no intention to try, but that wasn't me!
    I have bought several items from USA - I have sometimes overpaied by choise to ease the PayPal pain for the seller.
    I try to be respectful and I never try to cheat/underpay a seller.

I get cheated! Yes I do, bu tit is in my nature not to let cheaters affect my approach to others.

And I have never refused an item - or complained about a broken item - or even a wrongly described item... (I am stupid, I know)

That's how I am.

And that is proberly the reason I reacted to the note in your add as I did.

"I'm sure after saying all this you'll blow, if you do, go right ahead.."

you really don't know anything about me....

"One big issue about overseas versus selling here in the US, is that I have some redress here if somebody rips me off, but no redress when it comes to overseas, and the issue of the manifpulation of PayPay via chargeback fraud and feedback extortion."

Now this makes sense to me (maybe I am slow...)

Sorry to have made you angry.

On a side note: I have seen your page several times, and I love the way you treat your lenses...

Gandolfi.........

I'm not angry........................Before Steven Tribe suggested it, I came here for a dis-passionate and focused discussion, but I have to respectfully disagree, I think it's a few folks taking offense to what I said not the other way around.

In spite of that, I agree w/Steven Tribe if he really means what he says, just accept that we disagree and let it go.

My suggestion is to just let it go, if you guys want to discuss this in a positive way. I've always been willing to discuss this in that mode.

I've had several conversations w/folks on this forum via pm, so that part of it was actually enjoyable, but I don't usually participate here. The only reason I jumped in here is to comment on somebody starting this thread w/a quote I didn't make.

Jim I know about 'big bucks' overseas, I sold the Pinkham SA Doublet III overseas, and there was $12,500 worth of trust on that deal which was a magnificent deal between me and him.

That gentleman along w/folks like Stefan Dieterich, Dr. Schmitt, who I've talked to on several occasions, and some other folks who've contacted me from France and other countries like my Chinese pals from Paowang, I consider my among my friends.

Thank you Gandolfi/Emil for the kind words on my site.................I've commented twice on this forum in 2 or 3 yrs, but I certainly know who you are now(LOL)

Everything I want to say has been said.
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Brewer View Post
    Nah that's BS, plenty of folks have mentioned chargeback fraud and feedback extortion in their ads, so did I.

I've explained why I wrote it enough, If you're still offended so be it. I wrote it the way I intended to, that just the way it's going to be.
    See thats where I really disagree. Because other people mention that in their adds you don't have to. When I read such adds I get a feeling of hostility, a feeling that tells me this guy needs to justify himself and tell us all "Im not a con" so when I see those adds from this side of the pond I ignore them even if its an item id like to buy. If you don't wanna sell overseas thats ok with me, if a german don't wanna sell overseas that ok too, no need to explain, no need to tell people "I don't trust people from the rest of the world" simple as that. Perhaps using capitals is normal in your work but on the internet its like shouting at people. And like Emil I feel its me youre talking to in your add and I think its inpolite to tell other people you see them as frauds just because you have been conned twise. Mind you most of the earths population live outside US.
    Btw lots of people drive in the left side of the road, do you?
    Best regards
    Søren Nielsen

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by soeren View Post
    And like Emil I feel its me youre talking to in your add and I think ...
    Get over yourself... move on... you don't want to buy his lens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Get over yourself... move on... you don't want to buy his lens anyway.
    Hehe no and he wont sell it to me
    Søren Nielsen

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by soeren View Post
    Hehe no and he wont sell it to me
    If you change your mind, let me know. I'll act as your American agent. Of course... I might have to use the lens for a while before forwarding it but what-the-heck.

I hope this seller wipes the flecks of spittle off his lenses before shipping them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    If you change your mind, let me know. I'll act as your American agent. Of course... I might have to use the lens for a while before forwarding it but what-the-heck.
    Thanks Ill remember that
    And who am I gonna charge for my money when it gets damaged in the mail?
    Søren Nielsen