Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film Lab In Denver?

Re: Film Lab In Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kaiser View Post
    One more bit, Reed and the Slideprinter are the same company. I use an E-6 process for my 8x10 color transparencies at Reed
    I do not believe that is true. Reed is located on Federal, Denver Digital Imaging (aka Slideprinter) is on Alameda, relatively close locations. Both have full labs on site. They have separate pricing and services. There is no reason for them to run duplicate facilities in today's market conditions if they were both the same company.

Photocraft is not part of Reed, but they no longer do their own E-6 processing and have outsourced that to Reed and there is no difference in pricing. You may as well use Reed unless you're using local drop-off in Boulder.

As for buying film in Denver, I wouldn't count on it. There is some, but if you want something in particular, I would make sure you have it with you or check for the stock and reserve it before coming out. Slideprinter typically has had some stock of 4X5 in the shop, but who is to say they'll replenish that stock. Denver Pro Photo has never stocked what I've called about, but they may have what you're looking for. I'm not sure if Reed stocks sheet film. I don't remember it being on display in the customer area.

Re: Film Lab In Denver?

Reed has a couple of boxes of TMAX and E100G in 4x5, but as Mel says, who knows what they might have on hand at any time. Better to bring your own.