Not the most exciting of topics, and may seem more appropriate for the "Plumbing Forum," but you guys are a pretty darkroom-savvy group, so thought I'd ask.

I've been using a very well-equipped darkroom for years at work, and now want to build a basic darkroom for contact printing 8 X 10 at home. I've read a fair a mount out there, but am not still clear about how I go about installing a sink, drain, etc. I see them for sale at B+H, etc., some of the ABS ones pretty chea ply. Let's say I buy myself a plastic sink, and have a water connection in a ro om already, but no faucets. Where do I start with this? Is this a reasonable d o-it-yourself kind of thing? Had I better just call the plumber? Likely to cos t a mint just for installation? How do drains work (esp the kind that can handl e PMK and Amidol and all the other stuff I would put down mine)?

These are pretty obvious questions to SOME people out there, but clearly not to me.

Thanks for any suggestions or a point in the right direction toward darkroom plu mbing help!

Nathan