Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Post Search fails in IE9

Re: New Post Search fails in IE9

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff View Post
    I just got a new desktop with IE9 and am having issues. I can use any single forum but when I click on Unified View I get an error stating that "Sorry - No Matches Found." I have cleared the cache, closed and started again, cleared the browser, you name it, I still get the error when I try to open Unified View. As I said, I can open any single forum, the sales and Lounge but not Unified. Very strange.
    If you are using IE9, try turning off "Enable Protected Mode" under the Security tab in Internet Options.

IE9 has a number of compatibility problems even with MS software. I'd hold off on installing it until the first service pack.

Eric Biggerstaff

RH!

That did it!

Thanks!

Eric
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Eric,
    That fix worked only 1 day for me. Today, it seems like the problem returned. I think it is an issue with IE9. I agree with others that using another browser is probably what will be needed.

Eric Biggerstaff

Yes, you are correct, I just had the same deal. Worked one time and not again! Dang, what a mess! I might go back to IE8!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

It's not uncommon for a vendor to release software prematurely - to align with marketing schedules or some other competitive consideration. The final stage of quality assurance is done by the general public. But it's a free product - as long as you buy their Operating System that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    It's not uncommon for a vendor to release software prematurely - to align with marketing schedules or some other competitive consideration. The final stage of quality assurance is done by the general public. But it's a free product - as long as you buy their Operating System that is.
    So is are Chrome, Firefox and Safari. They are also platform independent, standards-aware and (mostly) bug-free. Not to mention faster and more reliable.

I am equally disgusted at the whole IE mess as user and as a web developer, but at the same time I feel that my mid-term job security has just received a significant boost.

Stefan

So what is the problem with IE9?

There are several in this thread reporting the same problem with "New Posts search" using Chrome and Safari...

Quote Originally Posted by engl View Post
    So what is the problem with IE9?

There are several in this thread reporting the same problem with "New Posts search" using Chrome and Safari...
    It could be that because they are all newer and more standards compliant browsers, they are having trouble with the vBulletin javascript.

IE9 has several well-known issues with Javascript. IE9 interprets Javascript completely differently than earlier versions. You can force IE9 to act as IE 8 if this server side header is added:
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=8

It's a good idea to add this to any websites with complex Javascript unti the fixes start rolling out.