Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP combi plan

Re: HP combi plan

I got it yesterday but didn't take it out of the box yet, but i hope it will have a good use later, i got BTZS as well days ago, so will see which will serve me better or easier if both will do the job anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    I got it yesterday but didn't take it out of the box yet, but i hope it will have a good use later, i got BTZS as well days ago, so will see which will serve me better or easier if both will do the job anyway.
    These are the two systems I have been going back and forth on getting so any information once you have tried both as to the pro's and con's of each would be most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolucion Artistico View Post
    These are the two systems I have been going back and forth on getting so any information once you have tried both as to the pro's and con's of each would be most appreciated.
    I will but i am not good at all about pros and cons of any tool i use, and i may find it fine with me but you may find it a bit .... you know, so i can't be sure whatever information and impressions i will get from those both will help you on your decision.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Tim k View Post
    This should keep you busy for a while.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...archid=4611214
    Does not work for me, I get a "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.". It happens to me pretty often, I get the same page sometimes when I click "New Posts".

Anyway about the tank, I have one and use it for stand developing BW. It works very well for this task, mine seems free from leaks, but it does fill/empty slowly which might be an issue with short development times.

I've used the HP Combi-Plan with good results for a couple of years. I liked it so much (I bought the company) - no I bought a second Combi-Plan. I've developed both B&W and C-41 in it. Only a few times have I had uneven development (probably due to some combination of poor agitation or slow pouring of chemistry). Some of the downsides, as have been noted, are it can be leaky during inversions ... and - film can slide out of the rack and stick to each other (so be gentle) - despite that, I don't think I've ruined any negatives.

I'd love to have the 5x7 version but they are quite rare. If you have one - let me know!

One tip - understand the valves - as with a big can of juice, having a second opening allows the liquid to pour more readily out - so when you are draining especially, (and even when adding chemistry to an extent), try opening the valves - experiment with water first

I didn't know about not using LFN etc. in it, I have - perhaps I shouldn't ... can someone elaborate more on why I shouldn't? Does it stick to the film rack and film and not dry properly?

Quote Originally Posted by spacegoose View Post
    I'd love to have the 5x7 version but they are quite rare. If you have one - let me know!
    I'd kill for an 8x10 (which does not exist, to my knowledge), but I suspect it would use over a gallon of chemistry.

Jim Ewins

I manage to get streeks no matter what method I use although the Combi was better than some - the loading is not fool proof (I'm the fool)

Mine leaked a little but used a lot of chemicals. Now I use the BTZS tubes and use the combi for the fixer.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and love it. I was getting uneven development in trays and that was cured right away. Easy to use and mine doesn't leak. I stand develop in it and find it very convenient and cheap.
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams