Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crumpler Bags?

Re: Crumpler Bags?

There are two different Crumpler bag companies. One that sell in the USA and probably Canada and another that does not sell into NA. There designs are similar but the bags may not be exactly the same. So base any responses on the owners of bags in your market area.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post

That was what made me buy my first Domke 20 or so yrs ago. :-)
    I replaced my first Domke about two years ago after years of heavy use. It was an F803 I bought in college. I used it for my last two years of school then pretty much every day during my 11 years as a staff photojournalist. I used it hard, often stuffing it with way too much big SLR gear then using it for my Leicas on personal projects and trips.

That bag has been to more countries than most people and even survived the war in Iraq. When I left my newspaper job it seemed like the end of an era so I figured I'd treat myself to a new one. I gave my old one to one of our interns. It was ugly and the strap was fairly badly worn, but I figure it still had another five or ten years worth of life in it.

I've got a Crumpler Complete Seed messenger bag. As a messenger bag, it is quite good. I little on the shallow side though.
    Then I've got the photo-specific insert (called the complete seed bucket). It fits a 645 setup, a couple lenses, a couple flashes, about a dozen rolls of 120, and a box of 4" filters. But it still might not fit a monorail 4x5.

Noah,

I love that story, thanks.
    I still have my first Domke but it is a "misc junk" bag in the trunk. I don't think I have ever thrown a Domke away.
    I can't keep my bags as long as I once did, I shoot a lot of events for the society page and the war torn Donke does not go down well at the Daffodil Ball etc etc.
    But I am gettin' old, I have slimmed down to the F3x for daily assignments now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah A View Post
    I replaced my first Domke about two years ago after years of heavy use. It was an F803 I bought in college. I used it for my last two years of school then pretty much every day during my 11 years as a staff photojournalist. I used it hard, often stuffing it with way too much big SLR gear then using it for my Leicas on personal projects and trips.

That bag has been to more countries than most people and even survived the war in Iraq. When I left my newspaper job it seemed like the end of an era so I figured I'd treat myself to a new one. I gave my old one to one of our interns. It was ugly and the strap was fairly badly worn, but I figure it still had another five or ten years worth of life in it.

I have both a Crumpler and a Domke satchell. The crumpler is for my laptop. not really a camera bag, and the Domke is for my traveling with my smaller format cameras.

I also use the Domke for my 4x5 and every thing used to fit, until I got some more lenses, but if I walk with the camera mounted to the tripos, I can fit everything else in the Domke.

Both are nice bags, but I would prefer the Domke for cameras.