Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

Re: 12 to 14 Photographers Wanted For "Folio Exchange."

Finally had a chance to study the portfolio today - Beautiful printing everyone. I've got my favorite picked out and it might get a frame and it isn't my print needless to say. I hate to break up the grouping because I love the way the portfolio works with the descriptions etc. Jim, I didn't know what to expect, but you did a fantastic job for all of us, it really is professional looking and I thank you for letting me participate. I enjoy getting a look at what other people are doing with paper choice, printing style and the way they chose to compose. It really is a treat for me, because I rarely get to see quality printing because of my geographic location and it's lack of galleries, museums etc but this portfolio exposes me to the different eye and technique of each of the participants. A big thanks everyone!
    regards
    Erik

Mine arrived this afternoon.
    Thanks to all the participants for the superb prints.
    Of course we owe it all to Jim for his vision, and hard work bringing it all together!

Thanks,
    David silva
    Modesto Ca
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Hi everybody, I got my folio the other day, and nice work everyone. It was great to see, as well as nice to have in your hands work done by other photographers using Large Format. You can count me in if and when we do this again. I think that we're onto something here.

Jim you did a fantastic job with this hole project, THANKS for all of your hard work and dedication in bring this idea together. And to everyone else thanks for participating.

Richard

Hello to everyone involved in the Folio Exchange.
    First to Jim. The folios look Great! I like the sequencing and the presentation. I'm honored to be part of this project.
    Many thanks for the hard work facilitating the exchange.

To everyone else contributing, thanks for your work! I will enjoy viewing these image for a long time.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Just got back from a short trip and the folio was waiting for me......WOW!

Excelent job Jim, the presentation is absolutely fantastic. Truly a collection of images I would love to have hanging on my walls.

Well done everyone, and thank you.
    A big thank you to Jim for puting this togather, bravo!

Hello to my fellow ‘Folioers’. My copy of our folio arrived a week ago, seven days after Jim posted it. Compared with 33 days to get mine to Jim, that’s impressive!

I too would like to thank Jim for having the idea for this folio and doing all of the work and organising to make it happen. Jim – thank you.

And thank you all for your lovely prints.

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the prints. And for me it’s interesting to see a set of work collated into a folio where each photograph is from a different photographer compared with a folio where all the work is from just one person, and which is likely to be the norm for a folio. The one person folio is (usually) consistent in its style, presentation, methods used, printing materials, etc. Our folio in contrast clearly demonstrates in one set of prints the diversity of approaches available to us to print our work. There are matte papers, glossy papers, various tones from silver gelatin and from inks (including split tone), styles of presentation, and ... I’m sure to have missed some other points of difference – oh yes, colour. All add together to make for an interesting cross section of the wide choices we have as printers.

I’m now in possession of an excellent work of reference to look back on in future years as materials and methods move onwards (or backwards!).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    If everyone is in agreement, perhaps after everyone receives their copy of the portfolio we can post our shots so others can participate vicariously.

Best to all,

Don Bryant
    Have all the folios now arrived?

I received my Folio a while ago and have only had a few moments to look at them. I'm very impressed with what I saw and hope to have more time in the near future to take a longer look. Thanks everybody!

-Darren

All the folios have now been delivered. I also would like to thank everyone for their participation. It was very enjoyable putting everything together, and I would love to do it again in the future. Will try to come up with an appropriate topic, and I will probably bump the number of images/participants up to 14. The main reason for this is to expand the number of participants. I hope the extra two images will not cause an undo hardship and I figure putting two more together and shipping two more is pretty simple.

A few questions for everyone. I really like the 11x14 size folios, did everyone else? I know for Steve and Scott, shipping tends to be high for this size. Whereas, I know I can ship (out of the US) the 8x10 size in one of the priority flat rate envelopes for a flat $14.95. Something to think about.

Back to subject matter for the next one. As a landscape guy myself, most of my work centers around the outdoors, so, rocks, trees, water, anybody have a preference? I would guess that any of those three topics would be pretty easy. Also would like to do one maybe with old buildings, cars etc. Just throwing a few things out there. Thanks. Jim Becia

Either the 11x14 or 8x10 size works for me; I learned more than a few things from this exercise. For example, I usually dry-mount my photos and so have no qualms about printing out close to the edge of the paper. I didn't like that presentation as much as those of you who left a larger margin around your photos, and I'll remember that for the next time.

I like the idea of themed portfolios; to my simple brain that makes sense with the idea of a portfolio as a coherent body of work somehow unified. Rocks, water, abandoned places -- there are a multitude of ideas to explore. It was a fun experience and I look forward to future efforts. Many thanks to Jim for undergoing the effort of keeping everything on track (herding cats!) assembling and mailing everything in addition to making his own contributions.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.