Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Violin

Re: Violin

While not an art photo, an exposure test actually, this is my personal instrument. It is approximately 120 years old and had machine tuners on it at one time. Hence the short pegs in enlarged holes in the scroll. It is not worth anything but has a very sweet upper-mid register. I played a 50th wedding anniversary today.

Stradi your photo is engaging. The flaming of the unfinished instrument is beautiful.

Toyo 45AII, 120mm, Tmax 400-2, Rollo Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by JR Steel View Post
    While not an art photo, an exposure test actually, this is my personal instrument. It is approximately 120 years old and had machine tuners on it at one time. Hence the short pegs in enlarged holes in the scroll. It is not worth anything but has a very sweet upper-mid register. I played a 50th wedding anniversary today.

Stradi your photo is engaging. The flaming of the unfinished instrument is beautiful.

Toyo 45AII, 120mm, Tmax 400-2, Rollo Pyro
    What is the piano in that photo? It looks to be as old as the 'cello. That sharp corner on the near side is a real Victorian trademark.

Rick "who has a Hazelton Bros. piano, ca. 1886, with a similar feature" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    What is the piano in that photo? It looks to be as old as the 'cello. That sharp corner on the near side is a real Victorian trademark.

Rick "who has a Hazelton Bros. piano, ca. 1886, with a similar feature" Denney
    Hi Rick. It's is a Baldwin SF10 about 30 years old, my wife's instrument. She is the real musician in the house.

Hi Rick. It's is a Baldwin SF10 about 30 years old, my wife's instrument. She is the real musician in the house.
    I must be confusing the shape I'm seeing, then. No modern piano would have the detail I thought I was seeing.

Rick "pondering a little studio work on musical instruments because of this thread" Denney

While not an art photo...
    This room is, everywhere, filled w/ wooden lines & wooden curves, including the straight (but rounded) logs. A very pleasing harmony. I’ll go out on a limb and call it an art photo.

BTW, I thought the illusive piano bench was upholstered in a musical score design!