Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

Re: Is Anyone Having Problems With Light Impressions?

That's because most people are posting their complaints here and on APUG which serves absolutely no purpose at this point. People would not continue to have these problems if everyone who's experienced this simply went ahead and reported these issues to the proper authorities as described in a post above. If enough reports are made to the California Attorney General's office they are required by law to take action against the company. At this point these recurring fraudulent actions on the part of Light Impressions says more about people's laziness and unwillingness to make a proper report then about Light Impressions.

FWIW, I was able to call and cancel an order from them just now that has been back-ordered for several months. The call went through quickly and the guy on the other end was polite.
    John Youngblood
    www.jyoungblood.com

I received this email within the last half hour:

Dear Light Impressions Customer,

These uncertain economic times have had an impact on many small businesses and that includes Light Impressions. However, we are committed to the business and needed to make some changes in order to deliver the promise to our loyal customers. Before we outline the latest update and changes to the Light Impressions business, we would like to thank you for your support and understanding as we transform the company into a very efficient and new business. We will continue to deliver the high quality product you have come to expect.

- New Contact Information:
    • Phone 800-975-6429
    • Fax 800-975-6429
    - Email support : info@lightimpressionsdirect.com
    - Mail/Correspondence - P.O. Box 2100, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
    - Delivery Location for Returns - P.O. Box 2100, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

We have a new communication system that will allow all customers, at a minimum, to leave their contact information, order number, and outline the general question. Our goal will be to respond via email within 24 hours and/or a call back within 48 to 72 hours. We will improve upon these timelines but wanted to set expectations early on with the expected volume of communication based on the backlog due to the transition.

Some of the major areas of interest:

Product delivery/inventory status – starting November 23rd every sku will have an estimated delivery date. Once these dates change, we will have a delivery system to notify the customers.

Product Questions – our staff will be going through extensive training (re-training) to ensure the highest level of product knowledge and customer support.

Refunds/Credits – Within 72 hours of contact customer service will have issued credits for future use or provide an estimated date of credit/refund check. These checks are expected to be sent within 30 days of notice if not sooner. A confirmation email will be sent upon disbursement/issuance.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding as the company continues to transform to compete in the global marketplace. Please take special note that all incoming calls and correspondence has been registered in our system and we will be responding over the next two weeks. So please, if you have left a message or sent in correspondence, please provide us with a very short period of time to get caught up on our backlog of communications.

Regards,
    The Light Impressions Team

I guess it's time to dig out the order number for those items I ordered in June, 2010 that are still on backorder and request a refund.

Nicholas O. Lindan

That letter sounds like it was written in Nigeria: grammar to make a 7th grader blush; anonymous salutation; and signed by a nameless 'Team'. What next: "In order that We Can Process your Refund for any Past Order that we did not ship in the Past please Log On To Our Web Site www.cafelagos.com.ng/maafa/mabaya/kabisa and enter all your Personal Information, SS#, date of birth, bank account and PIN and all your credit card numbers so We can match them up with our Data Base that was Corrupted Recently."

A P.O. Box, an answering machine and a phone line shared with the fax doesn't sound very up-and-up; and it doesn't sound like they are going to answer the phone themselves - or maybe their slogan is 'we answer with a whistle'.

As Sal says, it will be interesting to see if they start clearing their old commitments before making new ones. My take - why bother with LI.
    Last edited by nolindan; 17-Nov-2011 at 14:45.

I placed an order in May 2010 and still have not received my stuff.

So today I called and a woman named Maria came on the line quickly.

I told her I needed a refund.

She said no problem, pulled my order up, and said we'll send you a check, and it will be mailed within three weeks.

She didn't try to talk me out of it, and she did say Light Impressions has new management and was working to fix problems.

I think too much bad stuff has happened for LI to recover from its bad image.

I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.

MODERATORS: This thread should probably be moved to a different category.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    I received this email within the last half hour...I guess it's time to dig out the order number for those items I ordered in June, 2010 that are still on backorder and request a refund.
    I finally got around to sending that email message on January 18, 2012. No response or refund resulted so far.

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    ...So today I called and a woman named Maria came on the line quickly...I told her I needed a refund...She said no problem, pulled my order up, and said we'll send you a check, and it will be mailed within three weeks...I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.
    Following your lead, I just phoned them too. Their representative promised that a refund check for all remaining back-ordered items would be mailed out during the third week of May. He also requested, but didn't require, that I fax the 2010 credit card statement on which my order appeared. I declined.

We shall see.

I wonder if the AG put the screws to them? Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...Their representative promised that a refund check for all remaining back-ordered items would be mailed out during the third week of May...We shall see.
    Discussion of Light Impressions in another thread just reminded me about this. The third week of May came and went -- nearly two months ago. No refund check has shown up. Why am I not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    ...I'll let you know if/when I get my refund.
    Did you forget to tell us about it or did Light Impressions forget to send the refund?