Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi All,

Newbie to LFF here getting started with an old Speed Graph Camera. Just got back my first set of 4 negs today that I used as a test run. The exposures look good so it seems the camera is in good shape and my studying has paid off Not bad for a confirmed digital guy........

One question I'll ask here -- although I'd appreciate knowing if there is a better place on the board to ask -- is how do you mark your negatives. As my experiments continue I'd like to keep track of what I tried. I cannot seem to find the EXIF on the negative so I need to create my own system. Are there special pens etc that allow one to write in the margins ? How do others do this

Cheers
    Eric

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Hello

Welcome!

Everyone finds their own system for marking negatives. I just write whetever I want to keep track of on the negative sleeve.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Welcome to the forum, and film photography!

I use the Delta 1 Datamarker pen. This is excellent for film, and also plastic sleeves. You can also tape a PostIt to the sleeve, too. The clear areas on the film really are too small for writing anything.

Welcome to group therapy, Eric! LF film is going to open up a whole new world to you! Have fun with the old Speed!

Welcome with us, looking for to see your work!

I don't mark them with anything. It interferes with making up dramatic stories when people ask. There was this time where what was probably the only escaped live cheetah in Indiana...

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

thanks folks -- just tried a sharpie and it seems to work. Only real thing I am looking to do is add some sort of serial number to point back to my notebook. Otherwise I think I'll loose the rest of my mind trying to remember all this stuff. Now if I can only remember where I left that notebook.....