Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

Re: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by mrkauffman View Post
    at this point, of course i am upset about the money but im also worried about william. i dont exactly expect an older gentleman whos been on here alot with a lot of feedback to all of a sudden scam me.
    Stick to your guns and do not have any concern about William until you have information to the contrary. At this point it appears on the outside that he simply screwed up and got in a pinch financially. It is happening with such regularity these days that I do not put it past anyone irrespective of what reputation that may have garner during the "good times". These people pull their head into their shell like a turtle and quasi "check out" refusing to respond to e-mails or calls or anything. Their attitude is that it they ignore you long enough you will go away and forget about the deal.

There are a host of ways to chase him down but he is betting that you have neither the financial resources nor the inclination to do so. If he is living where the previous person got some computer help all you need to do is case his house and have someone confront him face to face. Once he knows that he has been discovered he will likely make excuses until the cows come home along with apologies to the nines. Complete BS.

I was at a friends house having dinner one night who I suspected that he was having some problems with his bills. He was borrowing money from folks at work which was highly unusual. A rather large guy opened up the door to his rental house while we were eating and proceeded to grab his $2,000 21 speed bicycle and wheel it out the door and he did absolutely nothing. I asked him if that was a friend and why he did not say anything to him in the process and he just changed the subject. Turned out it was a bill collector that was taking matters into his own hands. The rest of the details I did not ask and do not know. It happens....

i DID buy a postal MO and i DID NOT keep the stub. i remember keeping it for about 2 weeks and then throwing it out. bad choice on me, too much trust i guess.

I have proof of purchase since on my bank of america statement is clearly shows "USPS money order" and the finance number on it. Im goign to the actual post office i bought it at tommorow mornign to see if they can find any records via my ID.

at this point, of course i am upset about the money but im also worried about william. i dont exactly expect an older gentleman whos been on here alot with a lot of feedback to all of a sudden scam me.
    There are very very few acceptable excuses for a seller not replying to repeated phone calls and email messages from a buyer for as long as you've gone without a response to yours. Death is one. Being in a coma is another. That's about it for realistic ones. Even someone who's sick can have a friend or relative respond. So if I were you I wouldn't be too concerned about what's happened to this guy, it doesn't sound like he was all that responsible to begin with and now for whatever reason he's gotten even less so.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

if he did, and it seems that way now, skimp out due to financial reasons, its ridiculous. I being a college student who $400 is more than 20% of my savings have never and would never do something of this sort. its called control, if i cant afford things then i stay the hell out of the buy/sell section.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to finding him? I think ill try to envelope with signature confirmation and see what happens. ive called his previous workplace and the # seems d/c.

...Does anyone have any suggestions as to finding him?...ive called his previous workplace and the # seems d/c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    At one time he worked for Glazers in the Seattle. (206) 624 1100 x 1023...
    I don't know about the specific extension Michael provided, but Glazer's is still very much in business with the same phone number:

http://www.glazerscamera.com/

There's even a toll free number to keep you from losing even more money on this deal.

...at this point, of course i am upset about the money but im also worried about william. i dont exactly expect an older gentleman whos been on here alot with a lot of feedback to all of a sudden scam me.
    It probably depends on one's perspective, but William Linne is not an "older gentleman." I spoke with him at Glazer's a number of times during the (very frustrating) wholeplate TMY-2 special order process. I'd estimate he's not too far into his 30s, if that old.

thank you, the impression ive gotten on here is older than that. quite a bit older to be honest.

just got off the phone with glazers....

apparently he hasnt been in touch with them since he left, which accordign to the man i spoke with was about a year ago. dont know if i believe it or not.

just got off the phone with glazers....

apparently he hasnt been in touch with them since he left, which accordign to the man i spoke with was about a year ago. dont know if i believe it or not.
    Of course it is complete BS but what can you do about it? They have a phone number and an address if nothing more than the need to get in touch with him as it could relate to previous employment. They are purposefully distancing themselves from him and it could be relating to why he left or was asked to leave his employment.

Unless you have some creative way of physically or legally getting his attention you have small odds of forcing his personal accountability into this situation and either getting what you paid for or getting your money back. I am terribly sorry for what happened but this is what it is.

Any possible solution will need to get boots on the ground where William is eventually found to be. I say here is where he was previously.

So William Linne is the William from Glazers who organized the ULF film order? If so he's in his thirties or early forties - I met him there about a year and a half ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    So William Linne is the William from Glazers who organized the ULF film order? If so he's in his thirties or early forties - I met him there about a year and a half ago.
    Yes, this is the guy.

He did not put it together - he was put in charge of answering the phone and immediately got very territorial after which the whole deal went South. The lesson here was never give anything critical to an hourly employee if you want to put it in the done column. This situation only confirms my feeling that he is not a first stringer.
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 24-Mar-2011 at 18:24. Reason: typo

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

First Thalmann and now Linne. The North West is in scoring mode