Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

Hi,

Im not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but i am trying to get in contact with William Linne. I recently bought a scanner from him and he seemed/seems like a straight guy. I more worried that something may have happened to him than me being scammed since hes been a member since 2003. The last PM i got from him was on the 10th of this month and ive sent 3 since with no answer. Its WAY too early to make accusations of any sort but maybe someone here has a way to contact him.

Im sure someone will sure im being impatient but when you send 400+ for something and the person seems to fall off the planet you get a little worried.

Again, i still think he is a stand up guy from the conversation weve had which makes me believe something may have happened to him but at the same time i am a little worried about my money and/or product.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
    Robert

P.S- like someone said in the other thread looking for a member, sometimes it takes this kind of public urge for help for things to get resolved.

Re: Looking for William Linne...no accusations what so ever

At one time he worked for Glazers in the Seattle. (206) 624 1100 x 1023

Good Luck!

i am the point where i do beleive ive been scammed. Ive pmed, emailed, done everythiung i can and hes nowhere to be found. it might not seem like a lot of money but for a college student, 400 and change is a big chunk of change. He really did seem like a standup guy and had sold countless things on here but i sent MO and ive gotten nothing, nada, zip, in terms of product or communication. I will no longer be buying from sellers who only accept MO or personal checks, no protection for me.

Fyi, paypal offers you zero protection in a personal transaction.
    I went to william's house once for some mac help. Nice enough guy. Check apug as he posts there as well.

as a "gift" transaction, you are correct. but in a regular "goods" transcastion they do offer protection as ive had to use it. I will try APUG.

i just got off the phone with the PO and they said that if it hasnt been cashed theres a chance i might see my money, but if it has im basically SOL.

would you happen to know his APUG username? its not showing up as his here, i.e. william linne.

"ineffablething" I believe. hasn't posted there in a while though

yes i searched, and his ebay account seems inactive. as if hes dissapeared. this doesnt look pretty.

Sorry to hear of this continued problem. Unless you can get the address where William lives from Vinny and find some way to get him to complete this transaction you paid for a lesson in how online transactions can go awry. I suspect that WIlliam lost his job or is having financial problems and is hiding in his foxhole. That is no excuse for stiffing you but there is a lot of these taking place in this economy. Everyone should be on guard.

In a positive note be thankful it was not more money.

This is truly sad, maybe he is sick or has passed away? If the post office has not received the money order via bank transaction, would that not be a sign that says he never made it to the bank?

I remember a few years back when we lost a member on this site suddenly and no one knew until someone read it in the newspaper and then posted it here.