Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first ever LF sheets....BUT

Re: My first ever LF sheets....BUT

Yep, that happens - we've all done that double exposure thing. Keep shooting, and mind those silver/black sheet holder slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hughes View Post
    Yep, that happens - we've all done that double exposure thing. Keep shooting, and mind those silver/black sheet holder slides.
    This is making me happy to know that i am not alone, and i was sure i will do something wrong, didn't realize i did until i saw the results, but i am happy that i've got a shot, it is not difficult as i tought, need more shooting and practice and it will be easy to shoot as usual with my other formats, time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Evans View Post
    Pity, my country blocked the groups in Flicker and kept flicker with photos open, really crazy stupid move, so i have to access blocked filter by some ways now to watch or read that Flicker discussion.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

great stuff keep going with the double exposure!

you are off to a great start

B>E creative
    through a glass darkly...

hehehe, this mistake became a good creative start now, i am so lucky!!!

Well, i will keep shooting when it is possible, too bad i want to get another lens to shoot outdoor but i think i should be patient with 150mm, but i am worry about developing now.

It's far more interesting than the ones I've gotten that are entirely black or entirely white!

It's good that you want to develop your own B&W negatives. You can learn and correct your own mistakes but may not be able to do the same for a lab. I started developing B&W in 1971 when I got some 35mm negatives back with all kinds of dirt embedded in the emulsion. I figured I could do at least as well and have never looked back. I do all my own E-6 and C-41, too.

It was was easy to do small and medium format rolls and then move up to large format. I think the most difficult part is drying the film without getting dust and dirt on the sheet. I hang them in the shower with the curtain closed and of course, the water off.

Good luck with your learning. Keep posting your pictures. You live in an interesting place.

Paul

Perhaps a mistake, and not what you had in mind. However, I think it is a really interesting composition! Keep at it, and do not be discouraged.

Remember, the darkslides are silver and black for a reason; silver, unexposed film; black, exposed film (or use your own method).

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    It's far more interesting than the ones I've gotten that are entirely black or entirely white!
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bujak View Post
    It's good that you want to develop your own B&W negatives. You can learn and correct your own mistakes but may not be able to do the same for a lab. I started developing B&W in 1971 when I got some 35mm negatives back with all kinds of dirt embedded in the emulsion. I figured I could do at least as well and have never looked back. I do all my own E-6 and C-41, too.

It was was easy to do small and medium format rolls and then move up to large format. I think the most difficult part is drying the film without getting dust and dirt on the sheet. I hang them in the shower with the curtain closed and of course, the water off.

Good luck with your learning. Keep posting your pictures. You live in an interesting place.

Paul
    I will, thank you very much Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Perhaps a mistake, and not what you had in mind. However, I think it is a really interesting composition! Keep at it, and do not be discouraged.

Remember, the darkslides are silver and black for a reason; silver, unexposed film; black, exposed film (or use your own method).
    My darkslide is white and black, no silver unless i can get that kind of darkslide.