Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Deal. NOT.

loujon

Great Deal. NOT.

Here ya go. WHAT A DEAL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Deardorff-8x10-F...item4cf51951af

I understand that this one is very nice & original (not refinished) condition but really, WTF.

I just get a chuckle out of this kind of CRAZY pricing.

***I stand corrected. Makes a little sense then. Because $10.000 for a Deardorff really caught my attention. Thanks Micheal.
    Last edited by Louis Pacilla; 11-Feb-2011 at 08:08. Reason: Cause I did not read listing

Re: Great Deal. NOT.

If you read lower in the description of this post the seller only included this exorbitant price to keep people from bidding until he got his ducks in a row and to draw some interest. Looks like he succeeded.

I like the "TOP" and "BOTTOM" labels on the case. It's probably from one really anal-retentive dude and that's a good person to buy a camera from ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I like the "TOP" and "BOTTOM" labels on the case. It's probably from one really anal-retentive dude and that's a good person to buy a camera from ;-)

Hey I do that on a lot of my tool cases, sucks when you open it up and every thing fall out. For some reason I have never had a problem with my camera case. Probably will now that I have mentioned it.

Roger

looks like a nice camera. If its an architectural photographer, he's more than likely REALLY detail oriented(especially one that's owned a Deardorff from day one, 1950s etc...)

I've worked for a few guys out here in LA who have been around for a while on the interiors/exteriors biz, and they ALWAYS see the fine details. Helps ME to train my eye better too .

they're all digital now, but the working methods are the same. Just means looking at a laptop screen or LCD instead of 4x5 polaroids

-Dan

oh... and they're ALL meticulous about the condition of their gear, even power packs and hotlights . It has to look clean before going into a building/house,etc... Better looks from the client, and from the homeowner .

You have to remember that this includes a "Wallensak" lens. You don't see those every day.

Dan
    Dan Williams
    Enumclaw WA

So what part weights 70 lbs??

camera and lens maybe, maybe 18 -19.

Ah ha, lead slides on film holders!!!

bob

Bob, probably the case weighs 30lb

Wow, you guys are a tough crowd!

With a 100 percent feedback ratio representing more than 2700 satisfied buyers, he probably does not need any help from me, but I would like to say that I have dealt with this seller several times and have a very high regard for his credibility and straight dealing.

loujon

Oh Boy! I wish I had not started this post & I offer my apology to the seller.

I think the seller is very honest & again I had not read the whole listing were he explains the asking Price of $10.000. He simply had it to hold his listing & keep tire kickers away until he found something out.

It's a fine Deardorff. One of nicest I've seen (not refinished).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barber View Post
    Wow, you guys are a tough crowd!

With a 100 percent feedback ratio representing more than 2700 satisfied buyers, he probably does not need any help from me, but I would like to say that I have dealt with this seller several times and have a very high regard for his credibility and straight dealing.