Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is Richard K ???????

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Re: Where in the world is Richard K ???????

I should have added that next time, I'll spend more time in Saline Valley area (I got to the Lee Flats area for a bit) and also include the Eureka dunes, an easy run North! Because I wasn't feeling well, I only took about 10 shots in DV. This will be remedied next time!
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Kelsey View Post
    Too bad we have bare blue skies here in Joshua Tree. I'm only 8 miles from the park entrance and haven't even bothered to go out. Supposed to be some rain next week.
    I too was a little disappointed with the perfect skies upon my arrival! It will be a challenge...
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

Richard, glad to hear you're feeling better, had to laugh when you mentioned black tee shirts. On a trip to Death Valley for a workshop my girl friend kindly packed my cloths for me. The first morning awoke nice and early, went to put on a T-shirt and guess what every one was black. And of coarse I wore a black one for the drive out. Luckily it was the last week in Feb so I survived.

Roger

Richard,

Ok, that big sign, held up by those Clydesdales and the spotty dog. Ok. we need to go back to the marketing department. Just to see what happened.

Just when are you coming back

Jan Pietrzak

Joshua Tree, California

Barker Dam isn't a bad spot for sunset. Get close to the dam on the south side. The rocks on the north side will light up golden at sunset and you'll have water in the foreground reflecting them

Another good place is right at the entrance to Jumbo Rocks campground though maybe an hour or two earlier than sunset

Met him for lunch with Dan Dozer, another LF fellow, in La Quinta yesterday. What a warm and nice fellow! Lugging his three bags of LF gears around with a tripod, looking for a good time.

We had a good time and saw some really nice nude studies from Dan who gave up landscape and threw himself whole-heartedly into more challenging work after the first Chamonix Nude Shoot Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    ....threw himself whole-heartedly into more challenging work after the first Chamonix Nude Shoot Out.
    Ah, so he was a casualty of the shootout! A couple of very fine gents - it was really great to finally meet Hugo in person after sending him wads of money all these years. A spectacular gentleman, as is Dan. We're hoping to do a WS in JT next year. What was it - nude self-portraits?!?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

No, shooting naked Chamonix cameras. Since all involved were bad shots, the cameras survived just fine.

Richard M. Coda

I met up with Richard yesterday and he is alive and well. Nice fellow.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

If you can, now would be a good time to turn around and go back. The weather forecast from this afternoon on looks good:

Today
    Mostly sunny. Highs 51 to 59 in the mountains...around 70 at furnace creek. South wind 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight
    Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Lows 30 to 35 in the mountains...around 42 at furnace creek. South wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 30 mph decreasing to around 10 mph after midnight.

Friday
    Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain. Highs 52 to 60 in the mountains...around 70 at furnace creek. South wind up to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph in the afternoon.

Friday Night
    Cloudy. A chance of rain in the evening...then rain likely after midnight. Breezy. Lows 34 to 39 in the mountains... around 48 at furnace creek. South wind 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Saturday
    Cloudy. Rain in the morning...then rain and snow likely in the afternoon. Snow level 4000 feet in the afternoon. Highs 47 to 53 in the mountains...around 64 at furnace creek. South wind 10 to 20 mph.

Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Lows 32 to 40.

Sunday
    Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers and snow showers. Highs 50 to 60.

Sunday Night and Washingtons Birthday
    Partly cloudy. Lows 31 to 37. Highs 55 to 65.

Monday Night
    Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows 31 to 39.

Tuesday through Wednesday
    Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers and snow showers. Highs 52 to 62. Lows 28 to 38.

Thomas