Thread: Omega D5500 Problem "no light output"

Omega D5500 Problem "no light output"

Hi
    Could anyone help me out , my D5500 is on the blink again... I have not used it for around 3 months , when I switch it on the LED panel on the control pad reads broken letters and numbers , this clears and reads normal filter values and exp time , when you hit the exp button the lamp does not light , I have put in a new buld but its still not working , I can hear the motors hunting and a sound similar to a relay but still nothing !!! any body any ideas

Re: Omega D5500 Problem "no light output"

Is the timer cord plugged into the connection on the left bottom (near the back) and a timer connected. Mine won't operate except through the timer and the special D5500 connector cord.

Hi Robert
    Had a total strip down from what i can see the 4700uf cap on the main board is blown , but I have no idea if any other components have blown, going to replace the cap and see what happens.

Mark

This thread may be of some interest to you: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/5...d-scratch.html

I had a similar issue with a Beseler 45 Computerized Dichro head that I bought off the bay. I had to send it back because the lamp would not work, the few times it did work, it would slowly flicker. New bulb, no change. I could not find any obvious issues inside. I sent it back and resolved to never buy a computerized lamphouse again. Give me a light, dials and filters, that's it. No more, no less. I am currently on the lookout for a Beseler 45S Dichro head. Anyone have one for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by natelfo View Post
    . . . I am currently on the lookout for a Beseler 45S Dichro head. Anyone have one for sale?
    Be careful. These can come with their own set of problems. I bought one, and because of the internal control system, the light would delay lighting anywhere from a split second to a few seconds after switching on the timer. This is a common problem with these units, and I've heard of it happening with the high end Beseler Universal heads.

To fix it, with the help of the folks on apug.org, I found a work-around that involves by-passing the regular 45S circuitry and using a Zone VI compensating enlarging timer with an extra sensor that I was lucky enough to have.

Unhappy Re: Omega D5500 Problem "no light output"

Hi Guys
    Thanks for your help with this , replaced the faulty cap .... but still dead i dont think i would be so peeeeed off but ... i have hardly run the thing , with one thing and the other ... The only good news is. I have a Devere enlarger winging its way to me tomorrow no computers on this one ( I had a funny idea that if i got the thing working some thing else would go wrong) Got it off the bay, so can get cracking sooooo many negs to go through ,

Many thanks for your help with this

Best regards

Mark