Hello, I am new to LF and this forum. So my question probably very basic, but I hope that someone would not mind to answer such a basic question.
I bought my first view camera now, it is a Wista 4x5. I've been using 35mm for 15 years, developing my own B&W and tried also MF, but really wanted to try out LF too.
Here is my question. This camera I got is 4x5 and the film holder goes into it in vertical position, so the negatives will be in "portrait" orientation. Now if I wanted to use this camera for landscapes in "landscape" orientation, is there some trick to it? Or I have to simply crop my negatives and accept a final 4x3 size, i.e lose 2 inches form the top of the frame (or one inch from both the bottom and the top for that matter)? So my real dilemma is that this way I would be getting just slightly bigger negatives than what I could get from MF - 10x7 vs say 6x9 in centimeters), so is it worth it?
Or is there a trick I do not know about? Like there is a way to take photos with a view camera in vertical position? (this last one was just a joke )
Or is it that the Wista 4x5 was really invented for portraits mostly?
I read through all the articles on LFPhoto.info but could not find any information on this?
Any comment, suggestion is very appreciated,
Thanks
Miklos