After 2 years of my Mamiya 7 and 3 lenses sitting in my safe I think I am going to try and sell that equipment to buy a Chamonix 5x7 N horizontal. I have never used a 5x7, but am thinking (hoping) it will greatly improve the quality of my scans (epson 4990) and produce good 4X (20" x 28") inkjet prints.

I shoot primarily B&W landscapes, but once in a while do a little color (although I'm finding color a very difficult sale in the world of digital photography). From what I have read 5x7 B&W film is readily available, with color being more limited? So that begs the question, is it worth considering the Chamonix 5x8? I don't like the idea of having to cut film in half, but maybe 8x10 film is a little more future proof than 5x7? But then it looks like 5x8 film holders are a lot more expensive than 5x7s ??

For transitioning to 5x7 I have the following lenses from my 4x5 kit: Fujinon W 125mm, 150m Fujinon, Nikkor M 200mm, Fujinon C 300mm and a Fujinon C 450mm. Do these lenses offer adequate coverage for 5x7?

So instead of my Mamiya 7 (gotta admit that I use a 5d Mark II in it's place) acting as a paper weight, I think that having a beautiful Chamonix 5x7 is in order!

Any thoughts?
Peter