Page 36 of 328 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Gerheim View Post
    Kurt, nice doors! Really a sense of depth.

Here's some gas pumps that still work, I filled up here last week! I can't make up my mind which one I like better.
    nice images, i like the 2nd one best because of the building in the background.
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Here's an after and before.

After:

Before:

Several years ago I was driving around downtown San Jose and spotted this building and set my Toyo 45CF up across the street and shot the top image with a 300mm Nikkor-M on Fuji RVP 100F. A few minutes later the owner of the shop came over and gave me the photo shown above. Apparently this is either the oldest or one of the oldest building (I forget now which) still standing in downtown San Jose. Note the funky tree where the light post now stands and the current lean of the center post.

Thomas
    That is one cool looking store! I will have to stop by there on my way north next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSoNegative View Post
    nice images, i like the 2nd one best because of the building in the background.
    Thanks! The hose angle and stairs on the barn give the 2nd photo a nice touch, although I admit I didn't notice that until after I took the photo.
    Thad Gerheim

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Here's an after and before.

After:

Before:

Several years ago I was driving around downtown San Jose and spotted this building and set my Toyo 45CF up across the street and shot the top image with a 300mm Nikkor-M on Fuji RVP 100F. A few minutes later the owner of the shop came over and gave me the photo shown above. Apparently this is either the oldest or one of the oldest building (I forget now which) still standing in downtown San Jose. Note the funky tree where the light post now stands and the current lean of the center post.

Thomas
    It's hard to believe there's more money in bikes than beer.

Mike

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Thanks everyone!

I did a little research online on "Old Joe's Steam Beer" which is advertised at the entrance. Here's a little history: http://www.sanjoseinside.com/news/en...jose_part_one/

Thomas

Hi
    This is a shot taken yesterday about 6pm.Film is clean skins. 100 ISO. 8 @F11.
    Cheers

Retired

Smile Re: Old Things,Farms,Barns,Buildings, Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    It's hard to believe there's more money in bikes than beer.

Mike

Nothing like an old building and finding out the history.

Jack

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamReeves View Post
    That is one cool looking store! I will have to stop by there on my way north next time.
    Thomas, to me that "tree" looks like the way the siding at the top bleeds into it makes me think it's just where the film has aged or damaged rather than being a tree

steve

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    Thomas, to me that "tree" looks like the way the siding at the top bleeds into it makes me think it's just where the film has aged or damaged rather than being a tree

steve
    I think you are right Steve. I had second thoughts about it being a tree after I had posted. The photo the owner gave me is apparently a wet print printed on 8x10 Agfa Prestige with a machine printed ID number typical of store prints. It shows the rebate which has circular holes similar to 35mm but not the square holes prevelant today, and although they are evenly spaced they do not lie along a straight line but exhibit a slight bow shape on the top and bottom. The image area itsels exhibits a bow show and some of the circular holes disappear into it.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post

steve
    The tree looks primitively photoshopped...