Thread: quick release for Bogan manfrotto

quick release for Bogan manfrotto

Does anyone know if Bogan or anyone else makes a quick release attachment for a Bogan Manfrotto tripod? I have the standard 1/4 inch screw on type and it is sometimes to cumbersome.

Re: quick release for Bogan manfrotto

Virtually any quick release, from any manufacture, can be screwed onto any tripod head from any manufacturer. Just choose what you want, Arca compatible, Not Arca compatible. Quick release - that means the base locks automatically when the plate is put on it. Quick mount - that means that you turn a knob or use a lever to lock the plate to the base. Do you want one that allows the plate to slide to adjust the balance point or one that doesn't let the camera slide? Do you want one that will allow the camera to be rotated while in the mount by slightly unlocking it or not move?

There are endless choices. Just in our case we have two auto locking one from Novoflex and ten quick mounting one from Novoflex. Three with panorama adjustments under them. From Giottos we have another 8, from Linhof 2 and from Kaiser 2. Other companies also have big ranges of them. In the Novoflex 1 auto locking and 9 quick mounting use Arca type plates, Giottos has four that use the Arca plates.

Also, some companies make them from plastic (Kaiser is one) and others extrude or machine them from one metal or another. Be sure whatever you choose with securely support whatever you put on it. A plastic QR system is not for MF or LF systems or for larger SLR or DSLR systems.

Bogan #3047 head is quick release. I have used one for years with my 4X5.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
    Ditto

I have one with the plates for sale. PM me.