Thread: What are the Best Practices for Making QR Codes for Contact Info?

What are the Best Practices for Making QR Codes for Contact Info?

So I can print them on business cards and post on my website?

I have one I just did from a free website that generated a 200x200 pixel square. Just post it as-is, without resizing?

What about print sizes? Say 0.875" square offset litho black ink only? Will that be OK?

Re: What are the Best Practices for Making QR Codes for Contact Info?

I dont know if the size matters that much but the smaller it is the longer it seems to take to get a reading, but that might just be the reader I have on my iphone. It is likely because the image needs to fit in the viewing box which is 1" x 1.5" and I can't seem to hold my phone that steady.

I went ahead and did it anyway, without waiting to hear about the best practices ;-)

At first I tried a generated png at 122-pixels square but on screen my phone had a hard time scanning it. So I went up a 200-pixel square and it reads in 4-5 seconds, not as fast as a hard copy but still more than OK.

So now I can look like a corporate geek. But it's a good way for friends and clients to add my contact info without having to type!

Give it a shot and let me know if you have any problems: http://frankpetronio.com/contact/

Thanks

Once you get it printed let us know how is the readability (I wanted to say scanablility)
    Matus

Brian Chambers

Used my iPhone to grab it off the screen and it seemed to work just fine. Took a couple seconds for the iPhone to process it but that has nothing to do with your QR Code.

Quote Originally Posted by brchambe View Post
    Used my iPhone to grab it off the screen and it seemed to work just fine. Took a couple seconds for the iPhone to process it but that has nothing to do with your QR Code.
    Which app are you using, the one I have sucks, it's the free one from Big in Japan Inc.