Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE don't put photos on flickr

Re: PLEASE don't put photos on flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    How are we to know, when he deletes all his images?

- Leigh
    He has a website.

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    He has a website.
    Which does not have any of the comments that were posted in the threads.

Nor is there any obvious way to link a photo in a thread to one on his website since he's broken the URL.

- Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    That may very well be, John, but does that give him the right to call somebody an idiot? I do not know Leigh but it sounded to not too nice.

I'll shut up now, I'll leave it to the moderators to judge..

Best,

Cor
    I don't condone personal attacks, and I've actually called Leigh out for doing it on one of her posts in another thread.

That said, if you are going to dish it out, you should be prepared to take it. Here is a post of hers to Jim earlier in this thread.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...3&postcount=12

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    That said, if you are going to dish it out, you should be prepared to take it. Here is a post of hers to Jim earlier in this thread.
    And your point is?

The response that you linked was based on his comment which indicated a complete mis-understanding of a simple one-sentence post. He totally ignored the introductory conditional clause of the statement.

And BTW, I'm a he, not a her, though that's not obvious from the name.

- Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Which does not have any of the comments that were posted in the threads.

Nor is there any obvious way to link a photo in a thread to one on his website since he's broken the URL.

- Leigh
    That doesn't bother me. I've learned a lot from reading Jim's posts, both those that have images and those that don't.

Oh, common guys... This thread is slipping to personal attacks, hurt personalities, misunderstandings,...

To me both Leigh and Jim Kitchen are great photographers, better than me, from whom I may learn a lot... Leigh has an opinion about missing images referenced, I understand him well, and value his point (although I have stated my point, which is different). Jim's is probably (and I don't want to put words in his mouth) more close to mine... And there are so many other opinions presented by others...

But forums posts are prone to missing or slipping by some of the "body language" and "hidden meaning" and "left-out words" which is so much a part of our communication - even if it's long-distance (over the phone), the tone of voice is important [to clarify the message]. Here in written communication only, you have to be more tolerant, to not get a message that was not meant so...

Let us be more tolerant and less catchy... All of us...
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vasina View Post
    Oh, common guys... This thread is slipping to personal attacks, hurt personalities, misunderstandings,...

But forums posts are prone to missing or slipping by some of the "body language" and "hidden meaning" and "left-out words" which is so much a part of our communication - even if it's long-distance (over the phone), the tone of voice is important [to clarify the message]. Here in written communication only, you have to be more tolerant, to not get a message that was not meant so...

Let us be more tolerant and less catchy... All of us...
    Oh, please. In several threads I've read where Leigh has participated, he goads people. It's not an accident; it seems to me to be a pattern of behavior.

I have had a bad experience with one of the forum members here in the past - always when I reacted on his posts, or he on mine, we would end up with swords drawn... no way we could talk sensibly...

I have used the forum tools to ignore his posts, so even by chance I did not read them (to stop even the slightest temptation of answering him and again ending in a fight). Now, after a long time, I can even read his posts...

So if you find Leigh's posts to be in similar nature, there's a way... I personally think I can communicate with him rather well...

(and no, Leigh was not the difficult person I am referring to)
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vasina View Post
    I have had a bad experience with one of the forum members here in the past - always when I reacted on his posts, or he on mine, we would end up with swords drawn... no way we could talk sensibly...

I have used the forum tools to ignore his posts, so even by chance I did not read them (to stop even the slightest temptation of answering him and again ending in a fight). Now, after a long time, I can even read his posts...

So if you find Leigh's posts to be in similar nature, there's a way... I personally think I can communicate with him rather well...

(and no, Leigh was not the difficult person I am referring to)
    I'm of the opinion that certain people on this forum deserve a degree of respect based on their contributions and skills. I am not one of them, but Jim Kitchen is. There are many others. In my opinion, this community is only as good as it is because of people like Jim. So, I feel the need to take up for those people who are valued and let them know they are valued. And that is the only reason I chimed in on that piece of this thread.

Everyone deserves the same degree of respect despite their contribution to the forum. Let's wrap this up. It is embarrassing to see grown ups engage in a never ending discussion that leads nowhere.
    There seems to be a few of these lately. This community is too good for this.